Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Sorry forgot to include the odds. It was 1.90. Pretty much all basketball handicap and overs odds are 1.90 on PP. Actually most American sports are. I got to see the first quarter in O Hare. The flight was only an hour to Duluth so i caught most of the last quarter in that airport. Thought Magic were fúcking it up when Heat took the lead at the free throw line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Any bets on the NFL?

Only bet i took so far which i was on my way in to post is a small treble.

Calvin Johnson to score anytime td @ 1.80
    Marquis Colston to score anytime td @ 1.80
    Santonio Holmes to score anytime td @ 1.61

Stake 12.26

For the other games i quite fancy Detroit to cover the spread. Patriots off a win against rivals the Colts and also before that they won a game on national tv against the Steelers. Next Monday they play the Jets, another rival. I just have a feeling this may be the game that they let up a bit. Playing in Detroit on a cold day on Thanksgiving. I know that would be the game i'd be least concerned about. If the Lions go to +8 or higher i reckon i'll take them and post up here.

I like the overs in the Saints and Cowboys game. Both teams are firing on offense and i think the Cowboys can put up some points against the Saints. Kitna is playing with great confidence and the whole team has looked different since the sacking of Wade. I think the lack of pressure on the team is doing wonders for them. Also that they Garrett will want good figures if he wants to hold onto the job next season. The Saints look to have shook off the superbowl hangover and despite their good ranking on defense. They still are vunerable. But their offense is scary with Brees behind them. I was confident of the Chargers game going over the other day and that lost by a field goal. I have that same confidence for this one but hopefully neither team will try run the clock down in the third like Monday's game.

And for the Jets/Bengals game i think that will go under. The Bengals scored early last week and then got slaughtered by the Bills in the second half. Have a feeling they will be tighter in this game and a little more conservative. The Jets are always a mean D and they put up 30 last week. Also have a feeling they score lower this week. Especially with it being a shorter week.

Just took Lions +11 @ 1.90.

Stake 20

Stupid Lions and their interceptions in the 2nd half.

Saints at Cowboys (Over 49) @ 1.90

Stake 50

• Advertisement

50 points currently in the Cowboys/Saints game. So the overs bet came in.

Balance 3438.70
    Profit 2888.70

Just used the tenner free bet as mentioned in the thread earlier for the Saints to win outright.

3/1

Knew that free tenner bet would come in handy for a decent enough odds bet. I just get 30 on that as the bet was free so no stake returned. Thought the Cowboys were gonna get up on that drive though. Pressure got to Kitna.

3 bets for the Jets game.

Jets - 10 @ 1.90
    Over 42.5 @ 1.90 (Changed my mind from the earlier opinion)
    Sanchez over 240.5 passing yards @ 1.83

Stake 20 (On each)

Should've stuck with my earlier under play on the Jets game. Have no idea why i switched to the overs.

• Advertisement

In play bet

Auburn at Alabama (Over 61.2) @ 1.90

Stake 35

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

any bets on the nba tonight horseboxo?
    like the look miami heat -11, even though theyve been poor latley

In play bet

Auburn (+20) at Alabama @ 1.90

Stake 20

storykid wrote: »
    any bets on the nba tonight horseboxo?
    like the look miami heat -11, even though theyve been poor latley

So far the only bet i'm really considering is Indiana. They are currently +1 but i think that spread might go to +2. Some impressive wins recently and have an extra days rest than Oklahoma. Underdog at home on a Friday is usually a good play.

I also like under 211 in the Grizzlies vs Warriors game. It opened at over 208 and when a line jumps up by 3 or more it's usually a sign that you should go the other way.

Lakers at scratch over the Jazz interests me as well. And Toronto +10 against the Celtics.

Not really sure if i like the Heat though. They haven't really gelled this year and are really hit and miss. A home game as -11 favorite on a Friday has a good chance of failing to beat the spread. Friday's are notorious for upsets.

I nearly always wait close to game time before deciding on NBA bets as usually the public pound a certain team and you can sometimes get better value close to the tip.

2 nba bets tonight in the Magic game.

Magic (-1.5 1st quarter) at Wizards @ 1.83

Magic (-3.5 1st half) at Wizards @ 1.83

Magic are statistically the best first quarter team in the nba at present and are 5th best for the 2nd quarter. While the Wizards are 7th worst and 2nd worst respectively. Big point differences between the 2 teams for each of those quarters. The Magic have also beat the Wizards by double digits in each of the above bets for the past 3 meetings. The Wizards have a few questionables and haven't been playing great lately. Couple that with the fact that the Magic are way better and are coming off a good win last night while the Wizards are coming off a bad loss and 2 overtime games. I can see a strong opening from the Magic. They should cover the 6.5 game spread but i'll stick with the half.

Stake 35 (On each)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Pretty solid reasoning. I'll throw a tenner on each

10 point lead going into the 2nd quarter. First bet in anyways and if they keep up the way they are playing the half bet should come in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Looks very good now. Magic seem to be powering on.

Both in. Love when bets hold true to statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Both in. Love when bets hold true to statistics.

ha **** after reading your reasoning i was gonna jump on that bet then i realised i was too late. oh well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

jive wrote: »
    ha **** after reading your reasoning i was gonna jump on that bet then i realised i was too late. oh well :D

Yeah im the exact same.

No NFL tonight??

Had problems with the internet most of the day so i didn't get any bets on. I was gonna do 3 that i liked and i would have went 2 for 3. Eagles -1.5 and over 45 in the Rams/Broncos game would have won while i would have lost the Steelers -6.5. Probably would have went bigger on the Steelers though so wouldn't have won much.

Gonna have one NBA bet tonight.

Pacers at Lakers (-2.5 1st quarter) @ 1.83

This is one of those bets where you just think it is too easy as the Lakers at home are very good. Especially after a loss. While the Pacers are a team that over achieve every now and then. The Lakers have beat this bet 4 times in the last 5 games against the Pacers and their differential is around +7 while the Pacers are -6 for the 1st quarter. So statisically LA have a good 13 points on them. The Pacers come off an overtime game, had just 1 day rest and then out to LA. Might take them a while to get going. I can see a 6-8 point lead at the end of the 1st Q. Just hope Indy don't be hitting those 3's.

Stake 30

Oh yeah regarding the NFL game later. I'm leaning towards the Chargers plus the points. Think it's at +2 at the moment. I might wait for an in play bet. Hope Indy get the ball first and drive the spread up a bit. Chargers are strong in the later part of the season. I think they can go unbeaten for the rest of the season. Jackson back tonight too against a banged up Colts. I also like the over 50 points. I expect SD to put up 4 td's and Peyton will nearly always get his.

Tamme anytime TD @ evens

Stake 20

Chargers at Colts (Over 50.5) @ 1.90

Stake 30

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Any stream for the Hoopball game my good man?

I stuck €60 on Lakers -3.5pts in the 1st quarter. They've pushed it to 4.5 now. Cheers for the info regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dossier

x PyRo wrote: »

This should work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

that was very close in the lakers first quarter bet.
    bryant got fouled but yet made the basket,and then scores the free shot to win the first quarter by 3..well played,lucky though...:p

x PyRo wrote: »

I stuck €60 on Lakers -3.5pts in the 1st quarter. They've pushed it to 4.5 now. Cheers for the info regardless.

Sorry hard luck man. I was really lucky to cover the -2.5. A foul on Kobe as he made the 2 and tagged on a point from the free throw line. Still really would have thought they should have covered the -3.5. Would have only they let a 5 point lead slip. wouldn't have went more than 2 buckets though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

sweet thanks for the lakers tip i got on it tonight

Advertisement