Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Good shout man, Bryant is a beast. I used to love him on NBA 98 for the N64. :pac: Pity the 3.5 didn't come in but I've had a serious amount of luck of late, probably shouldn't push it much further!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

If i'm taking a bet again in basketball i'll include what i would take the spread up to. I know it seems small but even the difference in .5 of a point can change my opinion of a bet. The spread changes so much close to game time as sharp money (big time gamblers and syndicates) bet early in the day and change the line and then the popular or public bets drive it another way. For spreads close to the tip can give some good value. But for over/under early is usually better.

Anyways at least you're not adding to a losing streak. Hopefully this is just a little blip in the luck.

In play

Chargers at Colts (+8) @ 1.90

Been waiting for a while for the spread to go over a td. So i'll take the points for the Colts. Just don't see them losing by more than a td. Can see the Chargers trying to run down the clock in the 4th and not go for it too much which should give the Colts a good chance to make the game closer. Think this still may come down to a FG.

Stake 20

Colts better score on this drive. Otherwise that will be 2 Chargers game in a week that fall short of the overs for me by .5.

Wayne ye wanker. Fúcker can't hold on to anything tonight.

Still chasing 3k. Should be closer only for poxy Chargers games. Both their games this week finish on 50 points when i needed 50.5.

Balance 3483.40
    Profit 2933.40

• Advertisement

Barca vs Real Madrid (First goal after 23rd minute) @ 1.90

Stake 23.40

Leaning towards the Pacers later against the Kings. Not up on PP yet but i expect the spread to be about -2 or -4. Wouldn't take it any higher than -4 though. -3.5 would be ideal.

Double of

West Ham vs Man Utd @ 1.66
    Arsenal (-1) vs Wigan @ 1.61

Stake 35

PP special

Man Utd to win and Hernandez to score @ 3.50

Stake 25

While neither of the above bets are gonna come in (well highly unlikely) i am delighted. Man Utd are losing so that's worth the 60. But i also get 100 from a bet i have with 2 mates. Bet both a few weeks ago that Utd wouldn't win the Carling cup. We always have bets with each other so the money is good for. Well as long as Utd don't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

arite man.you seem to know ur basketball.just wondering what you think of this double:

san antonio spurs @ la clippers total away team points over 105.5 @ 1.91
    indiana pacers @ utah jazz total points over 198 @ 1.91

20euro returns 72.89

• Advertisement

Sorry Panthera hadn't been on here much. Paddy Power sent me a message saying i shouldn't be using their account while in the US so they suspended me until i proved i was back in Ireland. Hope that double came in for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

Sorry Panthera hadn't been on here much. Paddy Power sent me a message saying i shouldn't be using their account while in the US so they suspended me until i proved i was back in Ireland. Hope that double came in for ye.

no prob man.thats a ball not being able to bet!nah san antonio spurs got beaten by the clippers!!ffs.they can make up for it tonight against new orleans.:D cheers

Hawks at Magic (-4 1st half) @ 1.90

The Magic welcome back most of their 1st string tonight after an illness spread through the team. Their bench done a good job for them and with the stronger team tonight and the rest they should have too much for the Hawks. Most of the first halfs they've recently played against the Hawks have covered this spread easily. Haward has been putting up huge numbers and i can't see him being stopped tonight. The Magic should get the job done in the 2nd quarter if they don't bring a convincing lead into that quarter. As the best 1st half team in the NBA currently i'll keep betting on them until they slip up. The Hawks on the road have been way down the list in terms of 1st half ranking. I'll be expecting Orlando to have a 7+ point lead at the half.

Stake 40

Heat (-1.5 1st quarter) at Bucks @ 1.83

The Heat have been playing well recently and have faced a lot of strong home teams. But tonight they face the Bucks that should be an easier challenge considering they come into the game with some good momentum behind them. They've been strong recently in the 1st quarter and tend to give up the points in the later stages of the game. LeBron is playing well and there seems to be something clicking with them at the moment. The Bucks have a bad losing record and their only wins were against 2 teams playing multiple games in a row. So given form and class difference the Heat should have at least a 1 bucket lead at the end of the first quarter.

Stake 25

Nuggets at Bobcats @ 1.83

The Bobcats have only been winning against teams with poor losing records and their one win against a decent team was against a banged up Suns. Denver are more so a home team but the Bobcats aren't the same home team they were last year. And with a bit of effort the Nuggets should be able to win tonight. Especially given that tonight could mark their coaches 1000th win. Having seen interviews they seem fired up for this. Usually they keep their energy for home games as they know they have a strong home court. But i think they don't come out the same uninspired road team tonight. Jackson is doubtful for the Bobcats and the rest of their team is just full of averages. They don't really have any star players like the Nuggets Carmelo or Smith. Denver has the stronger bench and i think they take the win here tonight.

Stake 40

Took this on bet365. I'll throw up reasons later. Just wanted these early before line movement.

Bobcats at Pacers (-3 1st half) @ 1.90

Stake 60

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

nice 1

Yeah 2 nice 3 pointers with 30 seconds left brought that one in for them to take a 7 point lead at the half. Thought they were gonna mess it up with offensive fouls.

Balance 3395.38

Heat (-2.5 1st quarter) at Kings @ 1.90

The Kings are bad and the Heat are good. I'm keeping my decision simple and hopefully the better team jumps out the gate hard. The Heat are off an easy win last night and rotated the starters in the second. So they should be a bit rested after not being through a demanding game. The Heat are clicking and have been starting games strong so until the go downhill i'll ride the wave when the matchups are good. The Kings are more rested but usually that doesn't bode well for 1st quarters as it takes a while to get going when you haven't played in a day or two. Heat are near the top for 1st quarter stats while the Kings are near the bottom. Hopefully when the 12 are up the stats hold true.

Stake 30

Celtics (-2 1st quarter) at Bobcats @ 1.90

The Bobcats are playing a big role in this bet as they usually start slow and that factored heavily into this. While Boston are one of the best 1st quarter teams but failed to exhibit that in their last 2 games. The Celtics had an extra days rest while the Bobcats are on a 2 night streak and are coming off a loss in Indinia which netted me a few quid. So i am hoping for a good Boston open on the road and take more than a bucket lead going into the 2nd. Boston are in the plus points for 1st quarter performance and Charlotte are in the minus points. So once again i'll be hoping the stats hold true. Especially considering that they have regressed back to the mean after a crazy start to the season with teams completely abondoning defense.

Stake 30

celtics bet is in good play from rondo that quarter. i enjoy following your bets as ive no clue in backing basketball yet im making great returns watching a sport i enjoy hahah

Hopefully the Heat cover later and make it a good day. Games should be a little easier to call based on stats at this stage of the season. So hopefully the winnings continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Yeah fairplay horseboxo, you're making me my christmas spending money. I have a 20 double on the two tonight so will be hoping for the other one to come. Thanks again

Fúck off Miami. Jesus Christ they just don't look interested at all so far with just a little less than half of the 1st quarter left. No movement and shooting from beyond the free throw line all the time. And missing. Can't see them covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Yeah fairplay horseboxo, you're making me my christmas spending money. I have a 20 double on the two tonight so will be hoping for the other one to come. Thanks again

Same here alas Miami didn't do the business. Keep em coming though Horseboxo.

Miami only wake up in the 2nd quarter. They cover the spread in every other Q except the 1st. Really wasn't expecting such a slow start from them. Might have a look at the NFL later.

Going for mostly teams to cover the spread when taking the points. A lot of cold weather around the US today and looking at the early games there are a lot of close ones. I know New Orleans is warm and indoors but i think they are giving the Rams too many points. Saints haven't been exactly firing on al cylinders either. My fear is that the Jets bounce back but if you look at the bigger picture they have had some very lucky wins and have been pretty poor lately. Sanchez looks to have lost a lot of confidence and their running game and D hasn't been much. Patriots been too good lately but i think they find a tough game at soldier field today in the snow and on a short week. And the Chargers were embarassed last week at home and struggled to get anything going on offense. Think they win comfortably against the Chiefs tonight as they are usually strong at this stage of the season and i can't see them not playing to their capability 2 weeks in a row at the Q.

Rams (+9.5) at Saints @ 1.90

Stake 60

Dolphins (+5) at Jets @ 1.90

Stake 40

Chiefs at Chargers (-9.5) @ 1.90

Stake 40

Patriots at Bears (+3) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Eagles at Cowboys (Under 51) @ 1.90

2 teams playing very high powered offense and going over in a lot of games recently. Think the Cowboys are on a 9 game overs streak. A lot of money coming in on the overs and the line went down but then it went back up. A lot of the time when that happens it's when the bookies want you to take the overs because they are leaning unders. So think i'll go with the reverse line movement on this one and take the unders. I'm not thinking it will be under by much but i just have a feeling one team doesn't turn up in this to keep the points under 51.

Stake 30

Blazers at Grizzlies (-3) @ 1.90

Will edit in reason here when i get back from the gym.

Stake 60

Warriors at Jazz (-3.5 1st quarter) @ 1.90

Stake 30

Celtics (-3) at Knicks @ 1.90

Stake 60

• Advertisement

Celtics (-3) at Knicks @ 1.90

Stake 60

you know where you got the -3? can only see -4 on the powers and bet365 now ;{

Advertisement