Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Bet365. But it was -3 earlier on paddy power as well. If i was going to take it at -4 i wouldn't have gone as big on it. I'd more comfortable keeping the spread within points that they can get from one shot in case they take a big lead into the 3rd and rotate their starters.

Came into a life changing sum of money today so gonna blow all my balance in here on gambling. So if you see my stakes increased it doesn't overly reflect my confidence in it for anyone who might be taking the bet. I'll put my confidence level beside it just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Came into a life changing sum of money today so gonna blow all my balance in here on gambling. So if you see my stakes increased it doesn't overly reflect my confidence in it for anyone who might be taking the bet. I'll put my confidence level beside it just in case.

Unexpected windfall? You seem very calm about it.

I'll probably go a bit nuts when i get the money. Although i did buy a 500 euro coffee maker today after the news. Also gonna take my best amigo and a select group of mates away to Vegas for his stags nexy year.

My significantly rich stock broker uncle in the US has decided to retire at the ripe old age of 49 after a snow boarding accident and bumped forward money he was gonna give us later on in life. The joys of him being single and us being his only 2 nephews.

I'll probably go a bit nuts when i get the money. Although i did buy a 500 euro coffee maker today after the news. Also gonna take my best amigo and a select group of mates away to Vegas for his stags nexy year.

My significantly rich stock broker uncle in the US has decided to retire at the ripe old age of 49 after a snow boarding accident and bumped forward money he was gonna give us later on in life. The joys of him being single and us being his only 2 nephews.

Sweet, enjoy. Expensive coffee maker, good choice.

• Advertisement

Ever since i stayed on a coffee hacienda in Colombia i've wanted to buy an expensive coffee maker but i could never justify spending that much money on one. Tonight the finest coffee will get me through the Chargers game.

Ever since i stayed on a coffee hacienda in Colombia i've wanted to buy an expensive coffee maker but i could never justify spending that much money on one. Tonight the finest coffee will get me through the Chargers game.

Yeah same here, I also want to buy a decent weather station. What coffee would you recommend?

49ers at Chargers (Over 44) @ 1.83

San Diego at home in the latter part of the season are strong. Matthews is back which will open up their running game and with Rivers behind the ball and Floyd and Jackson to aim for i can see SD putting up at least 28. The 49ers looked impressive last week with 40 points and if Westbrook plays anything like last week SF can get at least 2. So since i'm expecting them as minimums i'd be confident enough of this going over 44. Gonna be a physical game since this is an inter state game.

Stake 100

49ers at Chargers (Over 7.5 1st Q) @ 1.83

Just have a feeling about this. A lot of games lately i have got this feeling on have gone over a td in points. But i never had money on them. Gonna try it out tonight.

Stake 100

49ers at Chargers (Home team over 26.5) @ 1.83

Based on the reasons above i'd be confident enough that this should come in. The Chargers need to win so they can't be merciful here. I expect them to be offensive and get at least 4 td's.

Stake 100

Also like the Chargers to cover the -9 but since it's at -10 now i might wait till in play and hope 49ers get the ball first.

EDIT

49ers at Chargers (-9) @ 1.90

Stake 100

homolumo wrote: »
    Yeah same here, I also want to buy a decent weather station. What coffee would you recommend?

I keep in contact with a girl from this place.

http://www.haciendaguayabal.com/

They don't sell the beans on the site and i'm not sure where you can actually buy them online. But ones you can easily get and are some of the best i've tasted are Ramon Valdez, Brazil bourbon santos, Tarrazu and Antigua. I like Latin American coffee but Ethiopia and Vietnamese are good too. Most don't have brand names though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I went with you on the 49ers v chargers over 44, or so i thought! i was quite suprised to see my account in profit this morning,

:o:o:o turns out i accidently chose under!!!:D

• Advertisement

Had that happen me once before. Great when a mistake goes your way. Only for penalties and the ejection of Smith i think SF would have put up more than 7.

Heat at Knicks (+5.5) @ 1.90

Knicks impressed me against the Celtics a lot and the Heat struggle with high scoring teams. The Knicks being the highest scoring team currently. Despite the Heat getting it together for the most part the Knicks have some good match ups in this game. Stoudemire should cause a lot of problems for the Heat. Also i like home underdogs against the spread on Friday nights. I'd have normally probably only thrown 60 euro on this. And if i had to rate the confidence level i'd probably have it around 7/10.

Stake 150

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Yeah the Knicks are playing out of their skin lately, i was thinking over 210pts total in the match, but i might go with them on the handicap, although its only +5 now, is that money back if its exactly 5 in it or how does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

its a win if they lose by 5,if they lose by 6 its a lose..
    the 5.5 handicap just eliminates the draw..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

No its only a push if they lose by 5 (money back).
    lm presunming theres no hcap draw odds

Nah the draw is only only included when you take the bet in live betting. Pre game it's just either a win or a lose. And if it falls exactly on the spread it's a push (money back) just like Robbie said.

Can't see why it wouldn't go over 210 either. Just wonder if NY can put up 2 monster games back to back. Once they come out to play tonight they should be able to stay within 5 points i reckon.

LeBron is kicking some ass here so far, Knicks need to score with every offence.

Culinary is keeping the Knicks alive tho tbf

Knicks kick it up a notch in the 2nd Q. You mean Gallinari? Yeah i'll be hoping he ends up with around 36 points and keeps them within the 5. I like that it's tied at the half because if the Heat come out strong i think NY get's it back to close in the last.

Jesus Christ. A horrible 3rd Q so far from the Knicks. Their fg % must have more than halved. Hoping it follows the first half pattern.

Yeah Gallinari sorry, that 3rd Q killed any chance of them winning or getting close, didnt get my overs bet up but Lakers let me down for overs aswell so didnt matter.

Knicks -5 tonight??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Kod-box wrote: »
    Yeah Gallinari sorry, that 3rd Q killed any chance of them winning or getting close, didnt get my overs bet up but Lakers let me down for overs aswell so didnt matter.

Knicks -5 tonight??
    2 tough losses in a row (against Celtics and Heat), I would reccomend skipping it, to wait and see if Knicks can bounce back from that.

The Knicks had a great run with Stoudemire putting in animal performances. Now on the road to the Cavs after a close lose and then a bad lose. Could be a sign that their streak is over.

Tonight i like

Magic -3 1st Q
    Magic -5 1st H

Spurs -5.5 1st H

Miami -3.5 1st Q

Bulls -5.5 1st H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

I would be careful with Magic tonight - there are serious plans for trade, so it's a possibility that they will play with a depleted roster. And 76-ers aren't pushovers over last few weeks.

Yeah it's why i wouldn't take them for the full game. I think they'll rotate rosters maybe. But with a days rest and the 76'ers having a tough game against the Lakers last night i think they might start a bit slow. Magic are still a good 1st half team. I haven't put any money on anything though. Haven't had time to look through much.

Cavaliers gave a mighty performance against Heat midweek too, im hoping that took alot out of them and the Knicks will be eager to make amence for their two recent losses, gonna chance the -5 anyway.

Magic trade Gortat, Carter, Lewis and Pietrus. Not sure what effect that would have on the outcome but the bet wouldn't be jumping out at me. Still 76ers on the road after 2 losses don't scream a covering bet either.

ive gone with this

NBA Matches Philadelphia 76ers At Orlando Magic
    19-12-2010 00:05
    Total Points Scored
    Under (187.0) @ 10/11

NBA Matches New York Knicks At Cleveland Cavaliers
    19-12-2010 00:35
    Handicap Betting
    New York Knicks (-5.0) @ 10/11

NBA Matches Los Angeles Clippers At Chicago Bulls
    19-12-2010 01:05
    Handicap Betting
    Chicago Bulls (-10.0) @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Hey Horseboxo hows it goin been following your log for a little while now.making some good calls.Would you have any opinion on the Nuggets beating -3 1st quarter tonight?Think it looks fairly nice now considering Minnesota only played last night.

any links to the knicks game with scores coming along the bottom for the other games btw?

im using this http://half-court.t35.com/ but they're not giving updates on the other games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

Kod-box wrote: »
    any links to the knicks game with scores coming along the bottom for the other games btw?

im using this http://half-court.t35.com/ but they're not giving updates on the other games.

try atdhe.net, i think that should have what you;re looking for.

Advertisement