Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

im on it now, but still no updates at the bottom of the screen im watching, must be just teh channel broadcasting it in the US.

Knicks should be alot more up here but i feel they will pull away soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

open nba.com in a new window , all scores are on top of the page and update constantly.

good shout man.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

Kod-box wrote: »
    good shout man.

no prob,hope the knicks do the business for you.should be safe enough.;)

They will but Bulls wont, shockingly losing by 4 at the moment when i have them -10, gonna start watching that now, they wre losing by 11 a few mins ago so hopefully they woke up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

bradlente wrote: »
    Hey Horseboxo hows it goin been following your log for a little while now.making some good calls.Would you have any opinion on the Nuggets beating -3 1st quarter tonight?Think it looks fairly nice now considering Minnesota only played last night.

Woulda said yeah as i liked the Nuggets to beat the -5.5 1st H. Hope you got on it as they were up by 11 at the half.

Lakers (-2 1st Q) at Ratpors @ 1.90

Quite confident about this. Probably 8 outta 10. The Lakers are great at the jump in 1st quarters on the road. They've been playing well recently while the Raptors have gone 2 and 6 in their last 8. Not to mention the Raptors are so banged up it's unreal. If they even get going i just can't imagine it will be early in the game.

Stake 200

Saints (+2) at Ravens @ 1.90

Stake 100

Jaguars at Colts (-4) @ 1.90

Stake 50

Eagles (over 21.5 points) @ 1.83

Stake 50

Haven't bet all week but fancy going big on one tomorrow.

Celtics (+2) at Magic @ 1.90

Boston with points is something that really interests me. They have won every game this year that they have really wanted to win. And on Christmat day with the entire country watching they will want to win. Their only losses have been when they came off a few games or some big wins. They went out and beat the Heat because they really put in the effort. They are possibly the best team in regards to results vs input of effort if that makes sense. When it comes to the half court game i don't think the Magic have been effective enough. That will be a very important factor against a team of Bostons caliber. The Celtics are playing their best ball in a many years and in a high profile game like this i just don't see them being any push overs. Rondo or no Rondo they have been immaculate. Gotta risk them with the points on the 25th.

Stake 300

tomorrow has some cracking fixtures mate, can't wait for it, Heat V Lakers should be epic, Bulls V Knicks aswell to start off :D

• Advertisement

Yeah 3 great games in a row. Hopefully there will be a decent stream for the Knicks game. But the other 2 that follow should be crackers. Also hoping that Pierce is pissed his missing his turkey and takes it out on the boards.

Haven't bet in a while. Kinda losing the interest when there's no real need to do it for the money any more. But gonna watch some of the NFL games today so i'll go for a few i like for the craic. Weird day for betting in the NFL though. Some games don't matter and some QB's may not start or will be pulled. But gonna throw money on all the games anyways. (Actually missed out on the Falcons game)

Dolphins at Patriots (Under 44) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Vikings at Lions (Under 43.5) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Steelers at Browns (1st half under 19.5) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Bengals at Ravens (1st half -6.5) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Radiers at Chiefs (Under 43.5) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Buccaneers at Saints (-7)

Stake 20

Bills at Jets (1st half under 20) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Giants (-4) at Redskins @ 1.90

Stake 20

Cardinals (+6) at 49ers @ 1.90

Stake 20

Chargers at Broncos (Under 47.5) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Jaguars at Texans (Under 48) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Bears (+10.5) at Packers @ 1.90

Stake 20

Cowboys at Eagles (Under 43.5) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Rams (1st quater -0.5) at Seahawks @ 2.20

Stake 20

Titans at Colts (+9.5) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Haven't been betting in a while and last night was the first time. I posted in another thread here and continuing on in the same fashion as before i bet 100.

lakersl.png

Have lost a fair bit recently as i was betting without really researching and just going with what i liked at first glance. Mostly just for the craic. Gonna try get the interest back so i'll be a bit smarter with my bets.

Balance 2647.47

I know the games have started but no score in both of them so not after timing.

Double of:

Hibs vs Rangers (-1) @ 2.10
    Inverness CT vs Aberdeen (Aberdeen to score 2 or more goals) @ 2.75

Stake 20

Not a bad start back to this. 2 decent wins from 2 as Rangers cover and Aberdeen win 0-2.

Balance 2742.97

Spurs (-3) at Jazz @ 1.90

Explanation here

Stake 22.97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Did you not win 60,000 grand last night or were you taking the piss?

homolumo wrote: »
    Did you not win 60,000 grand last night or were you taking the piss?

Haha nah was just joking as every post above me was saying they all had 20 euro or such on your man to score but yet they never mentioned it beforehand. Just a tongue in cheek post. The basketball bet last night was my first one since the load of NFL bets i posted up in here a few weeks ago.

Haha nah was just joking as every post above me was saying they all had 20 euro or such on your man to score but yet they never mentioned it beforehand. Just a tongue in cheek post. The basketball bet last night was my first one since the load of NFL bets i posted up in here a few weeks ago.

I thought you might have as you would have had the means to. 500 on 2 or more would have been nice...Going to go with your Spurs -3 bet.

I didn't see your mans tip until half way through the game. If i had of kept gambling and was using the thread i may have thrown a tenner on it. Was a greay piece of info the bookies didn't seem to have.

Feeling confident about the Spurs. Just hope the Jazz don't pull out some amazing performance. Would be really outta nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Delighted to see you back. Was making a nice profit following your basketball bets especially on the 1st Qtr/half basketball bets. Anyway good to see you back. On Spurs with ye tonight. Seen the post abit late so got Spurs -3.5. Good luck anyway lads.

• Advertisement

No bother. I'll try get back into the basketball betting and also the soccer. Was having good success when i first started this log.

I was looking at the spread history and it opened at -3.5. The fact that it went down and then back up, even by half a point is a sign i like. A lot of money must have came in on the Spurs to send it back up.

Hey,
    I don't know much about laying off and don't know much about basketball. I played for a few years before some dublin fooker done me 2 knees in. I know about Basketball just not to much about the NBA. So my question is is it a good idea to get on Jazz +8? Or will Spurs run away with it?

Spurs (-3) at Jazz @ 1.90

Explanation here

Stake 22.97

PP look very slow to react after the half. They still have the totals for the 3rd quarter up with 7 mins left in the 3rd at 48.5. They also have the game total at 204.5 with 135 on the board in an 11 point game. Gonna take advantage of both as they have a good chance of happening.

Spurs at Jazz (3rd Q over 48.9 points) @ 1.83

Stake 15

Spurs at Jazz (Over 204.5) @ 1.83

Stake 15

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Hey,
    I don't know much about laying off and don't know much about basketball. I played for a few years before some dublin fooker done me 2 knees in. I know about Basketball just not to much about the NBA. So my question is is it a good idea to get on Jazz +8? Or will Spurs run away with it?

I was gonna try middle but if the Spurs are gonna go on a run i figured it would be in the 3rd or early 4th. I was waiting for a higher spread than 8 points. It has consistently stayed around a 11-13 point game since the Spurs went off. Not really enough points for them to rotate heavy in the 4th. So i didn't feel too comfortable with the +8. But if you can make a profit either way go for it. You should get a better spread now. +10 on PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

just a heads up,you have to back up every in play bet with a screenshot,not my cup of tea,but their the new rules anyway.:o
    welcome back btw and gudluck with the bets..

Bumsex wrote: »
    just a heads up,you have to back up every in play bet with a screenshot,not my cup of tea,but their the new rules anyway.:o
    welcome back btw and gudluck with the bets..

Ah all right. Didn't know them new rules. Using the mobile now so can't take screenshots. I'll stick it up win or lose anyways in the morning since it's already logged here.

I was gonna try middle but if the Spurs are gonna go on a run i figured it would be in the 3rd or early 4th. I was waiting for a higher spread than 8 points. It has consistently stayed around a 11-13 point game since the Spurs went off. Not really enough points for them to rotate heavy in the 4th. So i didn't feel too comfortable with the +8. But if you can make a profit either way go for it. You should get a better spread now. +10 on PP.

Cheers. Left it in the end and i had noticed and took full advantage aswell. I took the overs when they were 204 only a small stake but Bet365 had the over line at 212.5 at the same time. So i took the 204 and was quite happy with that.

Good stuff. PP are really bad at updating prices and if you take them without going too mental with the stake they never void the bet. The 3rd Q over was 49.5 actually. I posted a point lower. Anyways it well came in. Looking good for the over 204.5 as it's end to end.

Nice get in there! Winner winner chicken dinner!
    Had over 203.5 in the magic game win
    Spurs -3.5 win
    and Over 204 in the spurs game win

Get in! Thanks lads. Good night.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that had 30 on.

Advertisement