Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

And OKC rebound recovery. The Thunder are a great closing team. Need them to step up here for me now.

Fúcking Eddie House with that 3. Unders comes in anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Fúcking Eddie House with that 3. Unders comes in anyways.

yeah feck em. Thought the 2 was coming in for a few seconds. cheers for the unders tip.

You going on anything else tonight?

The unders in the Celtics at Lakers game is something i'm looking at in play. So far neither team's shooting is great. Both are low scoring teams anyways as they both play strong D. Currently 184.5. Wanna see if any streaks get hit first.

The unders in the Celtics at Lakers game is something i'm looking at in play. So far neither team's shooting is great. Both are low scoring teams anyways as they both play strong D. Currently 184.5. Wanna see if any streaks get hit first.

Cool PP actually have in play betting on this game aswell. PP usually sucks for this. Line is 185.5 here at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yeah they are brutal at updating it. They react very slowly to points scored which is good when you wanna go the opposite way. From looking at the first i think this is gonna be how most of the quarters are gonna go. Hoovering around the 40 point mark maybe with one higher scoring quarter.

Celtics at Lakers (+3) @ 1.90

A lot of dubious decisions going the way of the Lakers. In a close game it always favors you in the final moments if you got a lenient ref on your side. They're down 5 at the moment but i'll take the +3.

Stake 15

Jazz at Warriors (-1 1st Q) @ 1.90

Jazz are a poor 1st Q team away from home. They are the minus figures for points difference while GSW are in the plus. Not to mentioned the problems Utah have as mentioned when i previously bet against them. And they are missing Williams and Dewill.

Stake 20

Warriors cover easily down the stretch of the 1st Q nailing 3 3 pointers in a row. Thought the game was at 3:35 and just barely made the 3:05 tip off. So that's why i posted up just as the game started. Which ended up being 3:12 by the way.

Balance 2755.68

Oh and here's the screenshots for the in play bet and the above one since i posted it after the scheduled game time.

bballb.jpg

Bucks at Clippers (-3.5) @ 1.83

The Clippers have always been a team with a rep for being a bad team. But they are young and have some talented players and have been getting it together this year at home. They have beat some good teams along the way also which included the Lakers and the Heat. They were also very impressive against the Bobcats on Saturday. And they had a days rest also which is a good tonic for an already very fit side. I watched a segment on them yesterday which showed them practicing and highlights from recent games. And Griffin has been on fire. If he turns up tonight i think he's just gonna be too much for the Bucks. Who are a team with a horrible road record and their wins only coming against the worst teams in the league. They are the worst points scored team in the league while the clips are in the top third. At home their stats are way better than the Bucks. And they should be less fatigued as Milwaukee are playing their 4th game in 6 days. I got this line earlier and is changing to -4 and in the US it is as much as -4.5 and -5 at places. This will probably be a big public bet over there but i'm confident enough in going with it.

Stake 25.68

EDIT

This is now -4 on PP which is pretty much the same result as you'd get a push. At least no money lost. Here's a shot of the -3.5 i got since it has changed since i posted up.

bbally.jpg

• Advertisement

Magic at Grizzlies (+1.5) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Cavs (+17.5) at Heat @ 1.90

Stake 20

Explanation here

Cavs at Heat (-5 1st Q) @ 1.83

Stake 15

Cavs at Heat (-10 1st half) @ 1.83

Stake 15

Cavs are brutal and had a tough game against Orlando last night. They've lost the last 20 games and in the past 10 games they have lost by an average of 7.6 points in the 1st quarter and a massive 16.7 points in the 1st half. Only team they covered against was another poor team, the Nets. Even though Miami played last night and i expect a backdoor cover as they take off their starters at the half. I am confident that they will take a big lead early allowing them to do just that. Rest up their main players. I can easily see a 20 point plus lead at the half. I just don't see how this Cleveland team could turn it around against Miami. They have just truly been awful.

Cavs at Heat (Over 95.5 2nd half) @ 1.83

The Heat are in foul trouble and were run a lot closer than i'm sure they imagined in the first. The Cavs are showing they can put up points against Miami. And they are typically a better second half team. Which is why i went for them to cover the spread. Unless Miami have a huge 3rd i can't see them rotating out their starters too early if they wanna win. Which means more players on the field capable of putting up points. I'll roll with the overs on this one.

Stake 25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

followed you on the above, they're both scoring for fun

Yeah until they went in at half time and made a plan to fúck me over. How do you give up 37 points to Cleveland and then go on to only score 23 in the 3rd. Can't see a 58 point 4th though so i reckon this is done for.

Bucks at Clippers (-3.5) @ 1.83

Thanks again. My account not looking so healthy of late so only went with this. Cheers. :D

Slight loss as the Clips and Grizzlies cover as does the Miami first quarter. Should have just left the 2nd half of the Miami game alone. Head shoulda told me no way the Cavs go that hard against the Heat for 4.

Balance 2747.76

Man utd vs Villa (both to score) @ 1.83
    Aberdeen vs Celtic (both to score) @ 1.83

A double of the above. Villa have been in form and even though i don't see United losing i think Villa are capable of scoring here. The United back line has been more than pentrable this season. And with the Celtic game i'm going on stats. Aberdeen have a habit of scoring at home against Celtic. Had a look back over past results and it's quite a common theme.

Stake 17.76

any basketball bets jumping out at you tonight?

Maybe Spurs -1.5 1st qtr might be good

Nothing overly interesting to me. But to be honest i haven't been in much of today so i haven't had a chance to check out stats.

At first glance i'd i think the Hornets can cover the -5 half time spread, the Lakers game goes under 209.50, Hornets game under 190, Kings under 93.5 and i'd also agree that the Spurs to win by a bucket in the 1st Q looks good. Trailblazers aren't a great 1st Q team at home. They've lost by an average of 6.6 points in their past 3 home games.

I'd also add Celtics -1.5 1st Q to that list.

Just going for 2 small doubles.

Wizards at Hornets (-5 1st half) @ 1.83
    Spurs (-1.5 1st Q) at Blazers @ 1.83

Stake 10

Celtics at Kings (Kings under 93.5 points) @ 1.83
    Rockets at Lakers (Over 106 1st half) @ 1.83

Stake 10

• Advertisement

Aberdeen getting a player sent off early gave the soccer double no chance and the 2 basketball doubles went 2/4. Unfortunately each bet had a winner.

Balance 2710

Bulls (-2) at Clippers @ 1.90 (on bet365. It's 1.83 on PP)

I've bet and talked up the Clippers recently as they are a team on the up and have been impressive at home. But the Bulls are a better team and have been playing great lately by winning against some playoff caliber teams. Albeit mostly at home. Other than the Bulls playing good the main reason i'm going against the Clips is that they tend to give teams a chance to come back. If they get a few buckets in a row it's as if they say okay we've done our job so we can relax for a while. But you can't do that against a good team. Certainly not one that matches up well and has Rose leading the way. I can see him getting 30+ points tonight. I've also been reading that the ref tonight is a big road team favorite. Also add to the fact that Chicago has revenge in their blood.

Stake 40

Hornets at Thunder (-2) @ 1.90

Stake 20

Hornets at Thunder @ 1.66

Stake 30

Gonna take a risk on the above 2 bets which are essentially almost the same thing. I don't see this coming down to a 1 point win so it's probably both bets win or nothing. Hornets are on a back to back and OKC were heavy favorites at the start to cover a -9 spread. Didn't feel comfortable with that but thought they should win by around 4-5 points. So i'll go with the -2 and take the straight up win at decent odds.

Blazers at Nuggets (Under 101 2nd half points) @ 1.83

Denver is the mile high city and Blazers are on a back to back after a hard game last night. I think Denver wins this by a few points and tiredness sets in and the points stay around the same or lower than the first.

Stake 15

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Nice return there...3 out of 4 bets comin in. Is there any chance you could post your selections up that bit earlier? I know you might have enough to be doing during the day, and might not get time to look at selections, but I keep missing some as I'm a bit of an early bird! If I was on your selections going to bed, I would be confident of them all winning!! Anyway, well done and keep it up.

Aberdeen getting a player sent off early gave the soccer double no chance and the 2 basketball doubles went 2/4. Unfortunately each bet had a winner.

Balance 2710

Bulls (-2) at Clippers @ 1.90 (on bet365. It's 1.83 on PP)

I've bet and talked up the Clippers recently as they are a team on the up and have been impressive at home. But the Bulls are a better team and have been playing great lately by winning against some playoff caliber teams. Albeit mostly at home. Other than the Bulls playing good the main reason i'm going against the Clips is that they tend to give teams a chance to come back. If they get a few buckets in a row it's as if they say okay we've done our job so we can relax for a while. But you can't do that against a good team. Certainly not one that matches up well and has Rose leading the way. I can see him getting 30+ points tonight. I've also been reading that the ref tonight is a big road team favorite. Also add to the fact that Chicago has revenge in their blood.

Stake 40

Cheers again bud. Good shouts once again. Well done :D

slookie wrote: »
    Nice return there...3 out of 4 bets comin in. Is there any chance you could post your selections up that bit earlier? I know you might have enough to be doing during the day, and might not get time to look at selections, but I keep missing some as I'm a bit of an early bird! If I was on your selections going to bed, I would be confident of them all winning!! Anyway, well done and keep it up.

I posted my only pre-game bet which was the Bulls one up 8 hours before hand. The other bets were in play bets. I only took them at half time after i seen how the first half went. So was never gonna be a chance you'd get on them unless you were still up after 2.

Balance 2769.54

Game pretty much went home i expected in the Bulls one. Clippers gave up too many chances on D and were punished. They got away with it against poorer teams but i knew the Bulls would punish them with Rose putting up 32. The 2 bets in the OKC game win as they are just too good at home to not cover 2 points at home. And the Denver bet was done once there were 5 back to back 3 pointers in the 3rd. All after eating the shot clock down and last ditch attempts but went in. Even 2 misses and the bet was good. Ah well 3/4 ain't bad.

Heat at Orlando

I really favor the heat tonight but the line has fell a bit down to +1.5. So i think i am going to leave this down to an in play bet. The game is on ESPN later so they usually slow PP will have it in live betting. At some point in this game Miami should find themselves down and a better spread should come available. But if anyone wants to take the +1.5 if you can get it or even just the money line as i expect Miami to win this game outright. I'm just a little pissed off i missed the +2.5.

The Heat are in good form and they are confident since the got their 3 stars back. Beating the Thunder in a shootout and destroying the Cavs in the 2nd half after just toying with them in the first. The Heat also have the revenge factor as the Magic won at home last time. But since then it's a changed Orlando team. And that change and some injuries for Orlando give Miami the advantage in match ups. Bass is out and no Reddik to come off the bench. They been playing some bad D lately also and have given up some decent leads. Just like last night as i said for the Chicago game, you can't do that against hot teams. Wade, Bosh and James should have a field day. The Clippers are the worst free throw team in the league. Just above them in 29th place is Orlando. If this game comes down to just a few points and both teams need to foul this is going to go in the favor of Miami. Not even Howard has been that effective from he line.

Writing that has changed my mind a bit. I really fancy the Heat to win so i'm gonna put some money on the +1.5 as i think it will go to scratch by game time. I'll have a look at in play also.

Heat (+1.5) at Magic @ 1.90 (on bet365)

Stake 29.54

Heat at Magic (Over 49.5 2nd quarter) @ 1.83

James is on fire. 8 for 8 from the field. 20 points in the 1st Q so far is unbelievable. It's also crap D from Orlando who hasn't quite got it going on offense. Howard is the only rebounder for Orlando so i don't see them recovering much in the paint. But i expect them to have a higher shooting percentage in the 2nd Q. With 2:09 left there are 44 points in this one and it feels like a low scoring game due to the Magic not hitting much. Think they will come out stronger to try reduce the deficit before the half.

Stake 15

Heat at Magic (+16) @ 1.90

Gonna risk this for the craic. This is some lead by Miami and they are playing good but i just don't think they win by more than this much in the end.

Stake 100

• Advertisement

Holy fook. Orlando turn a 24 point deficit into a 6 point game. If the game finishes like that i'll be a happy man. Little over a minute and a half left.

Advertisement