Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

nice one on the bet above, only 4 in it with 20 secs left i'd say your safe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Holy Jaysus that was to close. Have Miami and Spurs in a double. Hopefully Spurs can cover the spread. Well done on the bet good shout again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Yeah what an ending. Edge of the seat stuff. I was dreading that 3 attempt at the end. Was hoping Miami would foul and then throw in to James forcing Orlando to foul on him. Worst case scenario was OT. Orlando had all the momentum. Anyways worked out in the end.

Here's the screenshot.

bballu.jpg

No need to upload one of the over 2nd Q bet since it lost.

Balance 2872.30
    Profit 2322.30

Think i'll up my pre game bet stakes a bit more as i put more work into searching the stats. I got lucky on the turn around tonight with the in play bet. Haven't been having too much luck in them recently. Especially the over/under. Gonna revise my staking system.

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Holy Jaysus that was to close. Have Miami and Spurs in a double. Hopefully Spurs can cover the spread. Well done on the bet good shout again.

Get in. Some game.

• Advertisement

In play bet

Bourussia Dortmund vs Schalke (Over 2.5 goals) @ 2.20

See if i can change my luck in the soccer with a small enough bet. Some defenders missing from both teams and this fixture has gone over 2 goals a lot in the past. Not to mention Dortmund should be buzzing from their 3-0 win over Wolfsburg.

Stake 17.30

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Same bet is 4/1 now...40 mins left.

My luck with the soccer is absolute zero. I think i'm gonna see a bet i like and just bet the complete opposite. I'm not following the sport enough so guess being outta the loop is taking its toll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

In fairness myself and everyone else else seems to be gobsmacked that there wasn't a lot of goals in that. Neuer was fantastic tonight, Dortmund should've won 3/4-0 but he kept Schalke in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Any tips for the bball tonight?

• Advertisement

I didn't watch the game after about 20 minutes in. Went back to watching Dexter hoping for a pleasant surprise. It was a game i fancied from yesterday but said i'd wait till in play to get evens or better.

Anyways on to something i've had a bit more luck in.

Jazz at Nuggets (-3 1st Q) @ 1.83

As i've mentioned before the Jazz are the worst 1st quarter team in the league. They are allowing an average of 26.2 points while only scoring an average of 23.5. Denver are scoring an average of 26.5 in the first. I like when a team is scoring more than the average the other team allows. It's usually a good sign for the differential stats. Denver are 9 point favorites and i'm kinda leaning towards them covering that spread. Anthony and Billups should put up close to 50 between them. At home the Nuggets are golden. Pardon the pub. They are averaging 110.7 points in the Pepsi arena. Their offense should be too much. Williams returns early after a wrist injury and i have to wonder how effective he will be. Kirilenko is looking like he's out. So that's a good part of their offense out or not 100% for an already really bad road team.

Stake 20

Blazers (+2.5) at Pacers @ 1.90

One of the main reasons i fancy the Blazers to cover tonight is that they have realistic play off hopes so this game matters to them. Also a lot of the public bets are siding with Indiana. Usually there are a good number of road teams covering the spread on Fridays. It's just a weird day due to the big card and there are a lot of teams coming off tough games. The Cavs recently pushed the Pacers to the wire and i was impressed with the Blazers against Denver at altitude. Only for Matthews leaving the game early they may have won. He's back tonight and is an important part of their offense. I like the over 192 in this game also.

Stake 15

I didn't watch the game after about 20 minutes in. Went back to watching Dexter hoping for a pleasant surprise. It was a game i fancied from yesterday but said i'd wait till in play to get evens or better.

Anyways on to something i've had a bit more luck in.

Jazz at Nuggets (-3 1st Q) @ 1.83

As i've mentioned before the Jazz are the worst 1st quarter team in the league. They are allowing an average of 26.2 points while only scoring an average of 23.5. Denver are scoring an average of 26.5 in the first. I like when a team is scoring more than the average the other team allows. It's usually a good sign for the differential stats. Denver are 9 point favorites and i'm kinda leaning towards them covering that spread. Anthony and Billups should put up close to 50 between them. At home the Nuggets are golden. Pardon the pub. They are averaging 110.7 points in the Pepsi arena. Their offense should be too much. Williams returns early after a wrist injury and i have to wonder how effective he will be. Kirilenko is looking like he's out. So that's a good part of their offense out or not 100% for an already really bad road team.

Stake 20

Blazers (+2.5) at Pacers @ 1.90

One of the main reasons i fancy the Blazers to cover tonight is that they have realistic play off hopes so this game matters to them. Also a lot of the public bets are siding with Indiana. Usually there are a good number of road teams covering the spread on Fridays. It's just a weird day due to the big card and there are a lot of teams coming off tough games. The Cavs recently pushed the Pacers to the wire and i was impressed with the Blazers against Denver at altitude. Only for Matthews leaving the game early they may have won. He's back tonight and is an important part of their offense. I like the over 192 in this game also.

Stake 15

Cheers for the tips. Trying to get some money together for the Superbowl. Hope a couple comes up. Cheers. Good luck.

Yeah no bother. Debating the Spurs and some team totals at the moment. This site here is my bible. Full of all the stats you need.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/home

This years Superbowl is really hard to predict. There's a lot to argue for a low scoring unders game. Especially with the Packers finding their running game and well the Steelers with Mendenhall. Could eat a lot of clock. But Starks being the main RB is a new thing for the play offs. Just wonder how much he'll respond in a game of this magnitude. Also Ben has been there and knows the drill. But Rodgers has been immense in every play off game so far. And i include the wild card game against the Cards last year in that. Steelers plus the points in very tempting also. Heart says Packers, head says Steelers in terms of covering a spread. I went with my heart last year and the Saints won. Good omen perhaps.

How ye leaning yourself for it?

Yeah no bother. Debating the Spurs and some team totals at the moment. This site here is my bible. Full of all the stats you need.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/home

This years Superbowl is really hard to predict. There's a lot to argue for a low scoring unders game. Especially with the Packers finding their running game and well the Steelers with Mendenhall. Could eat a lot of clock. But Starks being the main RB is a new thing for the play offs. Just wonder how much he'll respond in a game of this magnitude. Also Ben has been there and knows the drill. But Rodgers has been immense in every play off game so far. And i include the wild card game against the Cards last year in that. Steelers plus the points in very tempting also. Heart says Packers, head says Steelers in terms of covering a spread. I went with my heart last year and the Saints won. Good omen perhaps.

How ye leaning yourself for it?

Cheers bookmarked that site.
    Well tbh i only started following American football this year. So im only going with the small amount I know. I think its going to be so close you have to go with the side with the + spread. Though like you everything inside is saying Packers and I also have them at 9/2 to win the superbowl from about a month ago. Id love to see a Packers win and Steelers covering the spread. I like the overs in this game. But both D's are good so i am not sure what to go with yet. Maybe Steelers +2.5 but hope for a Packers win. I think there might be around 50 points in this game. And Rodgers has been savage. So i am going to wait till tomorrow or Sunday to place my bets on this game.

Some amount of sport on Sunday. Loads of good footie games on all day and then the Super bowl that night. Should be some day anyway.

Mavericks at Celtics (-1) @ 1.90

The Celtics are the best team in the league in my opinion just ahead of the Spurs. I think they get back into this. Down 8 at the moment but they have been shooting well.

Stake 100

EDIT

Screenshot

bballq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Great bet,have them on the handicap,not feeling too confident.

I fancied Dallas to keep it close but i avoided the game as i couldn't go against the Celtics at home. Think they were -6.5 pre game. -1 in play is a gift. Lets hope it's one i like.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Was just going with the Miami(-5) & Orlando double initially but changed my mind last second yet again,this will be very close.

Jesus fúcking Christ Celtics. 0/6 on their last 6 field goal attempts. And from those turn overs the Mavericks only score 2 free throws. Way to close out the game. How many chances did you need?

Horrible day yesterday. All losers. The Denver bet would have came in only for a 3 point buzzer beater. Ah well onto the next lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Horrible day yesterday. All losers. The Denver bet would have came in only for a 3 point buzzer beater. Ah well onto the next lot.

Denver ruined my 4 fold aswell.

Magic at Celtics (-4.5) @ 1.90

Don't really have much time for a write up so i'll keep it brief. Anyways look at why i went against the Magic against the Heat a page or two back. It's pretty much the same reasons as this. The Magic are in a bit of a slump and aren't playing too well. The miss Bass a lot. They are poor from the free throw line and despite nailing a good few 3's against Miami and Howard scoring 30+ points they still lost. Celtics when playing good are the best in the league. They lost a game they should have won against Dallas and i think they take this out on a team that is rip for the picking in front of their home crowd. Don't know why but i have a 97-91 scoreline in my head.

Stake 100

And a few fun bets for the Superbowl later.

Heath Miller over 4 receptions @ 2.10

Stake 10

Aaron Rodgers over 23.5 pass completions @ 1.90

Stake 10

Over 5 sacks by both teams @ 1.72

Stake 10

First team to score wins game? - No @ 2.50

Stake 10

Mendenhall over 74.5 yards @ 1.83

Stake 10

Green Bay to win by 1-6 points @ 4.00

Stake 10

Get in there Celtics yis good things. And the Packers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Never got on Boston as I could only get -12 on PP. That wasn't in play either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

homolumo wrote: »
    Betfair all the way

homolumo wrote: »

-12? Pre game? It was -5 on PP just 10 minutes before the game. Around the 7:20 mark. I remember checking just before i left for the 7:30 bus. No way that was the correct spread if you seen it before the game. It opened at -3.5.

Balance 2810

Celtics at Bobcats (+2.5 1st half) @ 1.90 (bet365)

Liking the Bobcats in the first half tonight. The Celtics haven't really been getting it going till the second half and this game isn't really all that important to them. They should be most likely looking ahead to their next game which is back at home against the Lakers. This is a one game road trip on a back to back and having to fly down to Charlotte and get checked into the hotel can be quite unsettling to a team even if it's only a short flight. So i don't really see them coming out firing on all cylinders. The Hornets covered a much bigger spread in the last game which was also after a Celtics back to back game. But the difference between the two sides showed in the end and that is what i think will happen here tonight. Besides Boston doesn't have a great back to back record. They're not as atlethic as some of the younger teams and at times it shows. I hate going against the Celtics which is why i wouldn't trust Charlotte to cover the entire game. But i think it remains quite close up to the half. Wouldn't even surprise me if Boston goes in 2 points down. I'll keep the stake relatively low though as i really do hate going against the Celtics in anything.

Stake 25

The Warriors also interest me tonight but i wanna see how the lines play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

-12? Pre game? It was -5 on PP just 10 minutes before the game. Around the 7:20 mark. I remember checking just before i left for the 7:30 bus. No way that was the correct spread if you seen it before the game. It opened at -3.5.

Balance 2810

Must have been in play so but I wasn't in the live section of PP when I checked.

Given the way the game went it wouldn't have been around the -12 mark till late in the 3rd quarter, if even. Very weird if they had it at that before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I think pp are putting in running games up in the normal section lately
    at the in running prices l'd say thats how you saw it and taught the game had'nt started yet.

I followed your bet aswell horsebox and your right it went around -12 in the 3rd quarter.

I was watching the darts on the pp live streaming and was keeping an eye on the basketball.

Boston at one point went odds against early on in the game. but not too much over evens .
    l was surprised at one stage they were something like 14-4 down and they were still only around 1/1.

Advertisement