Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Oklahoma City Thunder to win Western Conference @ 11.00.

A bit of an investment in this one. Only 1 game back from the 3rd spot and have impressed all season long. Strong offense and looking good heading into the play offs. Hopefully they at least make the finals which should create a scenario to lock in profit.

Stake 100

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Nice one last night...any tips for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Both NBA bets need OT to come through but finished as i expected with Washington winning outright and Dallas winning by 7.

Balance 2795.69

Hard luck criticeyes. The ref was quite lenient with the Celtics in OT. Davis traveled twice but sent him to the foul line and he nailed all 4. I thought the line was 189.5 so was thinking you were ok but that might have been on bet365. They seem to use half figures while PP use whole numbers mostly.

Anyways my thinking behind Barca is that Shakhtar have their entire back line out through suspension or injury. Adriano is carrying an injury too but may play. They also lost against 10 men at the weekend. They know they ain't gonna beat Barca 5-0 so they don't really have much to play for. Although Barca don't have to do much either but sit back. But i don't remember many Barca games where they sit back. My big fear is a draw but Barca at those odds was just too good to pass up. I reckon they'll rest a few players but they can't change their entire team. Read an interview yesterday and apparently Messi will play. The team just ticks around him no matter who plays.

Ah it was not that bad. I got a push from it so not all that bad. Good shout with the Barca game. Would have never have thought that Messi would have started with the big game they have at the weekend. Anyway I opened an account with Bet365 today so not all that bad. Gonna use them for the Basketball. Paddy can go foooooook himself. Can't even get thier website to work anymore. Anyway good shouts again last night on the B Ball. Looking at anything tonight? Cheers again for the shouts you have been shouting some savage ones recently. Well done keep it up.

Sorry slookie other than maybe an in play bet nothing really jumps out at me tonight. The smart thing to do is probably sit out till the playoffs but there's a big card tomorrow and a few games interest me.

For tonight i been hearing stories of Rose being questionable for the Bulls and Knicks been making a bit of a push lately after a dodgy run. Stoudemire is still out but Melo has picked up his slack. Difficult to know how much effort teams are gonna give. Also heard that the Spurs want to finish as number 1 overall seed so will be out to win. Lakers wanna push for number 2 so they should be going out to win. But -7 is a big number to cover. But if Spurs don't look like they care too much i might put an in play bet on the Lakers. I was kinda leaning Grizzlies to cover the 5 points but Portland are very hard at home. Both teams are looking for the win though so i do expect it to be close.

The above is just something to think about for anyone betting on the NBA tonight. It's a bit of a minefield.

Chicago Bulls to win Eastern Conference @ 3.25

Young team and with Rose behind them they seem to be able to play lights out when they want. Great chance of going all the way this year.

Stake 50

Double

Oklahoma City Thunder to win Western Conference @ 11.00
    Chicago Bulls to win Eastern Conference @ 3.25

Total odds 35.75

Stake 25

• Advertisement

Balance 2664.44

Barca win in a game that they could have lost thanks to some good saves from Valdés. But Barca missed some easy chances too. Won anyways. Balance above is minus the 175 on the conference bets.

Schalke vs Inter Milan (Over 2.5) @ 1.72

With Inter having to attack and looking vunerable at the back i think this game should go over 2 goals and at decent odds is worth a punt. I reckon it will fall a lot by kick off. Inter have a full strength team and have been more attack minded this side of the year. Schalke aren't a great team and should concede tomorrow night. But they are dangerous on the counter so i expect them to get at least 1.

Stake 64.44

In play

Bulls (-1) at knicks @ 1.91

Stake 30

Don't think i've ever got a more reassuring win so soon after placing the bet. Didn't even realize Paddy Power had the game on live betting and just about caught it when the Bulls were down 3 at the half. Lead by 15+ points the entire second.

Balance 2627.29

Jurmala v Daugava Daugavpils @ 1.80

Stake 27.29

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Is that a soccer match? What league? Typed it into betfair search, and no results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Good to see you back mate, always enjoy your log. Keep up the excellent work.

slookie wrote: »
    Is that a soccer match? What league? Typed it into betfair search, and no results?

Yeah soccer. It's the Latvian league. I took it on PP. Winning 0-2 with 14 minutes left.

Damn European bookies and them keeping up to date with NBA news.

Here is the starters for the Heat tonight against the Raptors.

Ilgauskas, Howard, Jones, House and Bibby. No big 3 and Miller and Dampier either. They are inactive for tonight. Miami have number 2 sewn up and their focus is on being healthy going into the playoffs. They won't have one care about going to Toronto. I was hoping i'd catch it early and maybe get some points on Toronto but they are -5 now. I actually expect them to even cover that but i think i'll wait till in play and see if i can get -3 or lower. This is one to keep an eye on later if you're still up or you can risk the -5 now as it may rise even more before the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

^ can get them at -4.5 @ 2.02. looks a good enough price for me to take anyway. fingers crossed might put more on in running later depending how the game is going

jive wrote: »
    ^ can get them at -4.5 @ 2.02. looks a good enough price for me to take anyway. fingers crossed might put more on in running later depending how the game is going

Where did you get that? Just in case it turns into another Boston-esque type affair against the Wizards i'd prefer -3 but Toronto are just all offense so i can't see them struggling to put numbers up.

Where did you get that? Just in case it turns into another Boston-esque type affair against the Wizards i'd prefer -3 but Toronto are just all offense so i can't see them struggling to put numbers up.

Betfair, sorry I thought I had that in the post :pac:

Don't have any money in there. Think i'll just wait for in play bet and hope that Miami put up a few points early to drop the spread a bit.

Might put a bit more on myself in play on bet365 or wherever else is doing it in running. If the champions league treats me well that is!

Daugava win 0-2 to bring the soccer bet in.

Balance 2649.12

Heat at Raptors (Under 200.5) @ 1.90

Bibby isn't even likely to play tonight which leaves the Heat starting 5 as a bunch of players that i just can't see playing well together tonight. They are all off the bench shooters that depend on the starters to set them up for open looks. I don't know how they'll be able to set up plays as they don't have the handling skills for that. Tornoto have been a high scoring team most of the season but recently they've dropped a bit. While the spread has changed due to the news i don't think they have dropped the over/under line. I don't see this going over 200 and should be like the Celtics/Wizards game which only due to OT would have went under.

Stake 29.12

EDIT

Just added another 30 to the above bet.

So total stake = 59.12

A nice little streak here with 12 bets coming in outta the last 16 as the Schalke vs Inter game goes over thanks to a quality finish from a defender.

Balance 2760.43

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Yo dude would you know where might have a good stream for the Miami game?

You can get -3.5 for the Raptors on bet365 now. I'm waiting to see will it go to -2.5 and i'm on it. Just need Miami to take a 3 or 4 point lead. I'll edit in here.

EDIT

In play bet

Heat at Raptors (-2.5) @ 1.86

Stake 60.43

Ha should have waited a minute. Raptors +2.5 at evens now.

At least the unders came in comfortably! Or so it looks... :D

Yeah thank god for that. Both bets pretty much balanced out. Eddie House has a career game in a meaningless road game. You just can't account for stuff like that. Really thought he would have slowed down in the 2nd half.

Must have got the balances mixed up somewhere above. Think i forgot to deduct the 30 i added to the unders bet. Have the money spread across 2 sites and this is what the 2 add up to anyways which looks right as there should be a slight loss since the Raptors bet didn't win.

Balance 2753.75

Oriente Petrolero (+1) vs Gremio @ 1.80

Gremio are already through to the next round and this is a meaningless game for them. They can possibly top the group if they win tonight but i wonder how much effort they'd put in when it doesn't really make a difference. Not worth picking up cards which are usually plentiful or injuries. Looking at their away results they haven't been convincing and away games are pretty hard to win in this competition. Petrolero aren't a bad team and are the best in Bolivia. So i fancy them to at least get a draw here.

Stake 33.75

Pacers at Bulls (-11) @ 1.90

Stake 100

76ers at Heat (-10.5) @ 1.90

Stake 60

Oriente Petrolero win 3-0 last night to bring the bet in.

Balance 2620.75 (335 in play on nba bets)

• Advertisement

FC Gomel v Dinamo Brest @ 2.25

Looking at their results and remembering from before the break. Dinamo are pretty shít away from home like most teams in Belarus. Last season they struggle to win away from home and since then they have lost some players including their keeper, 2 defenders and some of their midfield. But they are/were a good team so there's a bit of a risk here. Gomel have had 3 good home wins against good sides. They're an attacking team that can score and i'll be looking for them to outscore the visitors today.

Stake 20

FSV Mainz 05 v Borussia Monchengladbach (DNB) @ 2.75

Good odds on this for a team that hasn't been playing well at home. Just have a look at their record here. No wins in their last 6 games and only 3 goals from those games.

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2011/04/15/germany/bundesliga/1-fsv-mainz-05/borussia-monchengladbach/958703/

I've seen 2 Borussia games since they came back from winter break and they impressed immensely against Bayern Munich despite the 1-0 loss. But they looked a little better at the back than i remember. And in their last game they won 5-1. So i'll be hoping that they are bringing momentum into this game. They had some good shock results last season and have proved to be a goal scoring side. I think they are really capable of winning here but the DNB provides a bit of cover.

Stake 20

Djurgarden v Malmo FF @ 1.90

I was so close to pulling the trigger on Malmo last week when they were down 1-0 at the half at 2/1. I hesitated and then they equalized and won 3-1. Last week was a bit of a scare for them but i can't see them being as sloppy this week. Especially against a side as impotent in front of goals as Djurgarden. Malmo are an attacking side that don't pay too much towards defending. This would worry me against another good goal scoring team but not today. So i'll go for the away win here.

Stake 35

Advertisement