Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Derek! wrote: »
    Just checked my account to see I'm after bettin on the losin team by mistake :(
    Nice win though, well done.

Hard luck man. Robbie down the same thing the other night with Ohio. If ya usually bet soccer the way the spread is layed out on some sites can be confusing.

2 bets for tomorrow in the soccer thanks to stingerro.

Slask to win @ 2.50.

Stake 20

Slask -1 Asian handicap @ 4.25

Stake 30

As posted while i was half asleep Arizona win to bring in my highest stake bet on the basketball so far. Game played out how i pretty much thought in the closing minutes but if Lindsey hadn't of fouled out for St. John's i think it would have been closer. He was their spark and St. John's are thread thin on the bench. Only 2 players to rotate in. So that's a nice 5-0 start in the ncaab.

Buying out of the Jets bet only cost me 2 euro. Great thing about taking an in play lower spread than the pre game one is that you can nearly always get the same amount of points for the other team later in the game if it's still close to cancel out your earlier bet if you don't like how the game is going. The spread swings so much depending on who has the ball and field position.

2 bets for tomorrow in the soccer thanks to stingerro.

Slask to win @ 2.50.

Stake 20

Slask -1 Asian handicap @ 4.25

Stake 30

The above is wrong. I only have 10 euro on the -1 AH handicap. I had 30 in my head due to the total stake. 20 + 10 = 30.

Jagiellonia Bialystok vs Slask Wroclaw @ 2.50

Stake 20

Jagiellonia Bialystok vs Slask Wroclaw (-1 AH) @ 4.25

Stake 10

Took 150 away from balance to use as per other charity thread.

Balance 2020.61 (30 in play)

Wichita State at Alabama (-2.5) @ 1.91 (William Hill still has this at -2.5. -3.5 most places)

This game is part of the Puerto Rico classic and is on neutral ground. I'll stick up the reasoning soon.

Stake 110

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Wichita State at Alabama (-2.5) @ 1.91 (William Hill still has this at -2.5. -3.5 most places)

This game is part of the Puerto Rico classic and is on neutral ground. I'll stick up the reasoning soon.

Stake 110

Alabama is -2.0 with Bet365 at 10/11. Does this mean if they win by two I get refunded? I know if they were -1.5 they'd have to beat that and there'd be no chance of a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The line was -2 with paddypower earlier too mate. Since i know nothing about college basketball ill wait till your write up to decide what to do..... Cheers for the tip last night

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Alabama is -2.0 with Bet365 at 10/11. Does this mean if they win by two I get refunded? I know if they were -1.5 they'd have to beat that and there'd be no chance of a refund.

Yeah if you take -2 and Alabama win by 2 points you will get your stake returned. Unlike soccer all even numbered spreads that fall on the number result in a push. All are basically asian handicap bets.

I don't have much time at the moment to give a detailed write up but i'll try get to it before the 2 am tip. Basically i'm going against Wichita because i think they are overrated and i don't think too highly of them. Last year they had good height but this year they have lost that. They are pretty good at the guard position but overall the team doesn't have much depth or experience. Alabama are very defensive and don't go out and destroy teams although they won very convincingly yesterday against another overrated team. Maryland. Wichita can score so i expect a slightly more offensive showing from Alabama tonight. I trust them on defense and i think this is what will win it for them. It will increase the number of shooting chances as they should win the turnover battle. There is also a bit of revenge in mind for Alabama. Seeing the line coming back down is something i expected as once Alabama's spread rose there were going to be a lot of people jumping on Wichita. I'll try touch on more later. Just on my phone now and it slows right down the more i type.

Wichita State at Alabama (-2.5) @ 1.91

Line opened at -1.5. Jumps as high as -4.5. Back to -2 and now settling at -2.5. Money coming in on Wichita but yet it moves back the other way. That's always a good sign. This is a big game for Alabama. They have a big revenge angle. I know in most sports that doesn't matter. But in basketball teams with a revenge angle come out strong. Wichita ended the hopes of Alabama going into a championship game last season. And they have been bitter about it. The players and coaching staff have been putting this game on high priority. This year Wichita has weakened. They've lost their big men. They have little depth. Their best player, scorer and rebounder is gone. He was their floor general. Whereas Alabama bring back their 2 best players. And add a season's experience onto that. They have a strong defense and will turn teams over. Their point guard that was also double digits in scoring is back too. They just look deeper and more experienced. As mentioned briefly, Alabama don't blow teams away. But they play strong defense and score on the break. They control the tempo. Going back to Wichita's games so far. They struggled against Colorado right to the end. And they are not a good team. Really have to fancy Alabama based on what i've seen and read. Defense that should reduce perimeter scoring, they don't give up much free throws, they defend well against 3 pointers. Only allowing 19%. They grab rebounds and they force turn overs. Just so much going for them. Their defense will create the extra scoring opportunities. They won't score on every possession but with their talent they should get it done as they win the match ups as far as i can see.

Stake 110

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Sorry for my noobness, but how long does a basketball game go on for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Sorry for my noobness, but how long does a basketball game go on for?
    2x20 minutes (in case of NCAAB). In real time - around 2 hours.

20 minutes each of the 2 halves. Including time outs, halftime and fouls most games are close to the 2 hours mark. It's the last 3 minutes that take the longest if it's a close game.

stingerro wrote: »
    2x20 minutes (in case of NCAAB). In real time - around 2 hours.
    Thanks, but how come it takes 2 hours?

Thanks, but how come it takes 2 hours?

The clock only runs while the ball is in play. Each half a team gets 5 timeouts. One 60 second one and four 30 second ones. That is for televised games.

Non televised games get 6 timeouts for the total game. Four 75 second ones and two 30 second ones. In televised games there are also media timeouts to allow ads. (ridiculous i know). Then you factor in fouls which stop the clock for the entire duration of the free throws. Also reviewing who tipped the ball last before going outta play, fouls etc stop the clock. And of course half time.

Can't watch anymore...Everytime i flick back on to it im seeing alabama miss a basket!

The clock only runs while the ball is in play. Each half a team gets 5 timeouts. One 60 second one and four 30 second ones. That is for televised games.

Non televised games get 6 timeouts for the total game. Four 75 second ones and two 30 second ones. In televised games there are also media timeouts to allow ads. (ridiculous i know). Then you factor in fouls which stop the clock for the entire duration of the free throws. Also reviewing who tipped the ball last before going outta play, fouls etc stop the clock. And of course half time.
    Thanks, it's all very clear now, although that must be very annoyin when you have a bet on a game.

Thanks, it's all very clear now, although that must be very annoyin when you have a bet on a game.

Sure is. Especially when you just want the game to end so you can get some sleep. Stupid time zones.

kryogen wrote: »
    Can't watch anymore...Everytime i flick back on to it im seeing alabama miss a basket!

Yeah their offense ain't great. Their defense makes them effective. That's all they are.

kryogen wrote: »

Yeah their offense ain't great. Their defense makes them effective. That's all they are.

They coveredbthe half time spread, that means its freeroll for me in the second half basically so i can get some sleep! Big weekend of football action ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Cheers mate, made me €80 last night and tonight. Keep 'em comin':D

• Advertisement

Yea thanks man, great call :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Cheers mate, made me €80 last night and tonight. Keep 'em comin':D

Same. Legend

Not listing the name of the teams. It's on the off site forum that a lot of people know about and will verify. You'll probably see it talked about in live betting thread if it's on.

Team A vs Team B (Over 3.5 goals) @ 2.37

Stake 50

Another win in the college basketball yesterday. That's 6-0 so far. 7-0 if you include the LeHigh win in the other thread. Must have a loss coming soon. The 2 Polish league bets came in too thanks to the info from Stingerro.

Balance 2163.11 (50 in play)

Good info on the tip in the Romanian league. Just couldn't get the chance for one more goal. 2 penos were needed as these teams usually end up very low scoring. So the info looked right. Ah well first loss in a while. Thanks regardless netnerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Cheers for another great basketball tip :)

No problem. Good to see others make money off them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Great tipping. I followed blindly last night. Long may it continue.

Oklahoma (-16) at Baylor @ 1.90

Stake 33

• Advertisement

Mississippi State at Arkansas (-13.5) @ 1.90

Stake 33

Advertisement