Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just did a tenner treble on Arkansas,Alabama and San Diego,here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

In play bet

Chiefs at Colts (-5) @ 1.90

Stake 100

A loss of around 50 on the college games after some surprising results. Can't believe Alabama got beat straight up. And that BYU beat San Diego. They were my biggest stakes so that added towards the loss.

But the above bet on the Colts came in. Just about after a very dodgy looking peformance by them. None the less it helps after yesterday.

Balance 2943.63
    Profit 2393.63

Brazil (-1) vs Ukraine @ 2.60 <8>

Took Brazil -1 at 2.60 yesterday evening. Couldn't believe those odds for Brazil to win by 2 or more. They have looked impressive since the change of manager with a 2-0 and 3-0 win against the US and Iran respectively. Seen both those games and they played with more skill and flair but still looked solid at the back. Think Dunga had them a little too defensive. Also Ukraine have been poor in recent games. Watched thier last game with Canada and they looked really bad. 2-0 down in the first half. Only drew because Canada didn't have the experience to hold onto the lead. Granted this Brazil team is quite young and inexperienced also but the way they held onto the ball in their last 2 games you would never think so. Ukraine have an aging team and i expect them to be beaten well tonight.

Stake 43.63

The odds above should be only 2.50. Thought it was 2.60 i got it at. Either way it's money in the bank. Pissed i never put money on Pato though. Didn't make it back before the kick off. PP really needs anytime scorer in play.

Balance 3009.08
    Profit 2459.08

• Advertisement

A few interest bets for the NFL game tonight between the Vikings and Jets. Game delayed due to a thunderstorm. Gonna keep me up later than expected. Just as well i went for an aul snooze earlier.

Randy Moss anytime TD scorer @ 3.40

Revis will probably be all over him but he should be targeted by Favre as he is there only real deep player with Rice out injured. With these odds i feel it's worth a small punt.

Stake 20

Braylan Edwards anytime TD scorer @ 2.62

Stake 20

Vikings at Jets @ 2.75

Stake 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

hey horse,
    have you any good stream of the game,
    i already have one but its **** enought.
    thanks

Watching on ESPN myself. But this should be a good quality one. You'll need the veetle plug in for it.

http://www.firstrow.net/watch/31704/5/watch-new-york-jets-vs-minnesota-vikings.html

If not just have a look at the rest of them here. Any of the ones with HD after it should be good.

http://www.firstrow.net/sports/american-football.html

Went for this just right before the Moss TD. Which is in the bag on the above bet. Given the game up to that point i'm surprised the Vikes have any points on the board. Another surprise was that this bet was still available as they normally get rid of this once the 2nd half starts. So not sure if they will refund it.

Over 16.5 points in the second half.

Stake 100

vikes.jpg

Brilliant. Just as i post the above bet up Harvin gets a TD for the Vikes who bring it to a 2 point game. That's 19 second half points now. Wonder if they'll pay out though.

• Advertisement

great game so far,kicked into life the last 15..
    should be tied up now,
    good luck with the bets anyway.

what the **** like..jets were 1/100 to win the game with just a few mins left 1/2,and then win by 9....great game...im after gettin into this sport big time sence collage...

Yeah was a good end to it. Picked up in the second half after a boring first. Could have easily went to the Vikings if Farve had of picked out Harvin on that second down before he threw that interception. Revis had slipped and the Jets had no one in the back field. I love the sport and been watching it for years. All my mates give me stick over it but it's a game that you have to watch and leave all pre conceived opinions about it at the door before sitting down to do so.

You should check out some of the college games. They are usually more open and much more higher scoring.

Balance 3097.08
    Profit 2547.08

Gone with a double of

Faroe Islands (+1.5 AH) vs N Ireland @ 1.72
    Scotland vs Spain (-1 Ah) @ 1.61

Stake 37.08

Will edit with an explanation when i get back.

EDIT.

Well the Faroe Islands result is in the bag. Just need Spain to do the business. Was gonna give an explanation but i couldn't be arsed and it's straightforward enough. World champions against a poor Scottish team. I expect Spain to pass the ball through them and win by at least 2.

Belarus v Albania (Under 1.5 goals) @ 2.75

2 defensive teams who i reckon should cancel each other out. Most of their games are unders and a good few have been 0-0 and games with just 1 goal. Belarus looked really bad a trying to break down a defensive team in Luxembourg at the weekend and i expect a similar sort of game tonight.

Stake 30

EDIT

Yis Belarusian fúcks. Couldn't score against Luxembourg in the last game and in this one you's score 2 against a very defensive Albania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gone with a double of

Faroe Islands (+1.5 AH) vs N Ireland @ 1.72
    Scotland vs Spain (-1 Ah) @ 1.61

Stake 37.08

Will edit with an explanation when i get back.

So far so good Horse! I liked the look of this when you posted it so I followed, albeit without the handicap in the Spain match. Typical of Northern Ireland to follow up a draw against Italy with a draw against the Faroes! Hopefully Spain do the business for us! :o

Archimedes wrote: »
    So far so good Horse! I liked the look of this when you posted it so I followed, albeit without the handicap in the Spain match. Typical of Northern Ireland to follow up a draw against Italy with a draw against the Faroes! Hopefully Spain do the business for us! :o

Yeah i really fancied the Faroes to get something out of it. But just in case i added the + handicap. It's the Asian handicap on the Spanish game too so if they win by 1 goal i get paid on the Faroe game and my money back on the Spanish one. Can't really see Spain not winning so i'm feeling confident it should come in for us. Well for you at least. ;)

Gone for an outside bet with a bit of a chance. Just small stakes though.

England vs Montenegro (+1.5 AH) @ evens
    Estonia vs Slovenia (Over 2.5 goals) @ 2.50
    Holland vs Sweden (Huntelaar to score anytime) @ 2.40

Total odds 11/1

Stake 15

Brilliant. Huntelaar scores already. Shoulda done a single on him too.

Spain somehow managed to throw away a 2 goal lead and only win by a goal. I hate the way they play at times. They need to adjust it against certain teams as that lax-a-daisy approach leaves them exposed at the back and forces them to rush things in the end. And that gobshíte Pablo with his stupid misses, passes and lack of understanding where the ball is going. Villa is a greedy cúnt and should be shot for missing at the end. Okay rant over. The bet pushed so they paid out on the Faroe Islands game.

Balance 3079.05
    Profit 2529.05

Going for a double in the college football tonight.

Kansas State At Kansas @ 1.64
    South Florida At West Virginia @ 1.25

Kansas State got their asses handed to them last week against a very potent Nebraska team. Game finished 48-13. But this should be the ideal game for them to bounce back against the inter state rivals. They've had all week to prepare and i expect them to get their running game back on track. The Wildcats have had great wins over UCLA, Iowa and UCF and they should be motivated to add Kansas to that list. Kansas on the other hand have failed to impress with bad losses to Baylor, N. Dakota and S. Miss. And Kansas had the easier schedule. Kansas State have the better record in both straight up wins and against the spread against Kansas. I expect Daniel Thomas to have his breakout game this season against a Kansas team that has allowed over 200 rushing yards in 3 of their games this season. Kansas State are the clear favorites and the better team. I can't believe the spread is only -3. Which i might have a bit of as well or maybe an in game bet.

Southern Flordia are another team that got their asses handed to them last week. Not in terms of scoreline which only finised 13-9 but rather in the amount of times their QB was sacked, intercepted and how well covered they were which resulted in only 9 completions from 23. Their running game was no better with just about 100 yards on 40 carries. This week i don't expect them to bounce back with a win. Syracuse are by no means a good team and they outplayed the Bulls. However the Bulls do have a good D and have held most opponents this season to 2 TD's or less. The number 25th ranked W Virginia are the hosts tonight and should be on a high after thrashing UNLV 49-10 last week. The Mountaineers D is also very strong and much better than Syracuse. Their running game also offers a lot more as does their QB Geno Smith. With W Virginia being miserly on D and S Florida being very poor on offense at the moment. This looks like a no brainer. But i'm not sure about taking the -10 handicap on the Mountaineers. But then against i don't think the Bulls with hold them to less than 2 TD's. Since the game is on ESPN i might have an in play bet later. For now i'll take the double.

Total odds 2.06

Stake 39.05

• Advertisement

You're a braver man than me for betting on the Kansas game! If anything, I would have went for Kansas +3, although that's just looking at each teams spots really. Best of luck!

I've seen both teams play and KSU just impressed me more with the tougher schedule. Only thing i really see going for Kansas is that they are the home team. Thought the handicap was quite low on first look but the more i thought about it i felt the game might be closer. Guess i was never really confident in it since i went the ML. Stake isn't too big anyways but i am hopeful they can win straight up.

Lol don't worry, your bet looks safe already ;)

Haha yeah 31 zip. Kansas are looking like they will struggle to put anything on the board. Although my head is in 2 games so not watching it completely. +31 on Kansas currently. Wonder if there is any value in it as KSU might rotate through their strings and concede some points in the 4th.

sorry again but could you give me a stream for the kansas game.
    :o

KSU went rolling last night with a whopping 59-7 win. West Virginia also 20-6 as far as i remember. Also the odds for the Kansas game were 1.66, not 1.64.

Balance 3121.35
    Profit 2571.35

Gone for the following. I had explanations all wrote out earlier but the trip switched in my house when a bulb blew and everything lost everything i had wrote out. Some of the picks are from Archie's thread and i added some others i liked myself. And just like him i lost out on the Miami game earlier who couldn't cover the 19.5 spread against Duke. Quite pathetic really. Anyways i had 30 on that.

Iowa (-3.5) At Michigan @ 1.90

Stake 50

Wake Forest at Virginia Tech (-22.5)

Stake 30

Brigham Young At TCU (-29.5)

Stake 20

Utah (-20.5) At Wyoming

Stake 50

Boise State (-40) At San Jose State

Stake 20

Tulane At Tulsa (-18)

Stake 20

Also a double of

Utah (-20.5) At Wyoming
    Boise State (-40) At San Jose State

Stake 20

Nice going man, Utah came in for us, and Boise have the spread covered and it's not even half time yet! :eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah it's been a good day so far and i can't see how the Boise one shouldn't come in unless they start downing the ball in their own end zone for the craic. Hopefully Tulsa can hang on too. They have the spread covered with around 9 left in the 4th. Glad i stayed away from the soccer today. Some big surprise scores.

Advertisement