Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Can finally say it was a great day. Boise wins 48-0 and Tulsa beats the spread by a few points. All those games were odds of 1.90 by the way. Forgot to add them in.

Balance 3278.77
    Profit 2728.77

Viktoria Plzen (-1) vs Brno @ 1.90 <9>

I just love this Plzen team. They have been top of the table all season long and have only dropped 2 points in 11 games. And that was the opening game of the season. 10 straights wins in a row is impressive in any league. And they have won me money on a few occasions at great odds so won't start doubting them today. They score an average of 3.2 home goals and concede 0.8. Out of 4 home games they've kept clean sheets twice. As strong as Plzen is this bet is also strong given the opposition. Brno are just a horrible team. They are bottom of the table with 3 wins in 11 attempts. Those wins came during a 3 game winning streak a while ago where they somehow managed to outscore opponents. So they are capable of a surprise. But averaging 0.6 away goals and conceding 2.2 against a team like Plzen shouldn't throw up any shocks. No clean sheets away and have lost 4 out of 5. Plzen had just the 1 player involved in international duty so shouldn't be suffering a hangover in that respect. And the team they have been all season turns up today this should be a big home win.

Stake 48.77

Also gone for a treble

Dundee Utd vs Celtic (Over 2.5) @ 1.80 (In play odds)
    Hoffenheim vs Borussia M'gladbach (Over 2.5) @ 1.50
    Blackpool vs Man City @ 1.61

Total odds 4.04

Stake 20

Plzen win 4-1. Love that side. The 4 of 5 times i've backed them they have come through for me. Also cutting it late for the overs in the Celtic game to keep the treble alive.

Balance 3303.11

Some NFL bets

Chiefs at Texans (-4) @ 1.90

After an impressive start from the Texans they have been a bit lackluster recently and put in a horrible performance last week against the Giants. Their D is pretty much non existant but they have a strong offense. Unfortunately it can blow hot and cold. But the good news is that Johnson is getting healthier each week and Foster has been putting up over 100 yards in every game. With the exception of last week which was just a bad day for the Texans overall. I expect them to bounce back tonight and win by at least a TD. I like the Chiefs and they are a team in the making. But they just don't offer much on offense. They also had a lot of prep work put in for the Colts game and with this being their 2nd road game in a row i feel they should be a bit tired. Addai had a lot of success last week and with the Texans being a good running team Foster can put up big numbers.

Stake 50

A 4 game accumulator of teasers. More so just an interest bet for the 6pm games on the red zone channel.

Green Bay Packers (+4 pts) @ 1.38
    6 Point Teaser
    Miami Dolphins At Green Bay Packers

New York Giants (-4 pts) @ 1.38
    6 Point Teaser
    Detroit Lions At New York Giants

Pittsburgh Steelers (-7 pts) @ 1.38
    6 Point Teaser
    Cleveland Browns At Pittsburgh Steelers

San Diego Chargers (-2 pts) @ 1.38
    6 Point Teaser
    San Diego Chargers At St. Louis Rams

Total odds 3.68

Stake 20

Chargers at Rams (Antonio Gates anytime TD) @ 1.80

Gates has been on fire and has scored at least a TD in each game this season. And i don't see his streak ending today against the Rams. Even though they have beeen okay against TE's i just think Gates will have too much for them. He looks unstoppable at the moment.

Stake 30

Colts at Redskins (Reggie Wayne anytime TD) @ 2.20

It's been a few games since Wayne scored a TD but he has been targeted a lot and against the team that has allowed the 2nd most passing yards i think he has a great chance to get into the end zone today.

Stake 30

• Advertisement

The treble above came in which is just as well as none of the NFL bets above look like doing so. Well the Wayne one hasn't happened yet. Gates sat out most of the game whic ruined any chance for that bet.

Also odds are wrong in the treble bet. Total odds should be 4.36. Returned 87.23.

Balance 3260.34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Haven't been following the Chargers game (even though I have money on it! :o ) What happened Gates?

Ankle injury in the first half when blocking on a rush by Matthews. He came back out to the sideline but hasn't been involved in the second.

Texans up by 4 dude!

I got the Texans at -4. Wonder if that will be a push if they hold on considering it never mentions anything about a draw.

• Advertisement

It's a push on Bet365, so I'd say its the same in most places. Almost certain I have them at -4.5 unless I took it down wrong in my log, can't check right now :(

Colts (-3) at Redskins @ 1.83

Stake 100

Jets (-2) at Broncos @ 1.90 (Got this in play. Wasn't too sure bout taking the -3)

Stake 50

Yeah the bet pushed and i got the 50 back. Can't believe i got anything out of that game. My stake back almost feels like winning considering the score early in the game. Hopefully you got it at -4 too since it was one of you high points bets.

Yeah the bet pushed and i got the 50 back. Can't believe i got anything out of that game. My stake back almost feels like winning considering the score early in the game. Hopefully you got it at -4 too since it was one of you high points bets.

I hope I did, but I doubt it. I've never taken a bet down wrong yet :(

Well done on making the push, did you go to alternative points spread for that or was 4.0 the default?

That was just the default on PP. They don't offer alternative spreads except for the 3 and 6 point teasers. I don't use any other bookie at the moment so i'm not sure if it dropped by half a point or if PP always offered it. I only put the bet on just before i posted it above.

Get the fook in!!!!!!!!! -4.0!! :D

Screenshot on the way :D:D:D

Edit: Screenshot gonna leave it as a loss though in my log cos it looks like someone followed the erroneous -4.5 which makes me feel a bit shít :(

Good stuff. I'm not counting wins and losses. Just mimicing my PP account balance here. So the cash goes back into the pot. Wonder what my figures are though. Maybe one day i'll go through the thread and work it out.

Come on Jets. You're fúcking killing me here. 3 turnovers so far. Get your act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Come on Jets. You're fúcking killing me here. 3 turnovers so far. Get your act together.

Must of heard you lol

Nervy ending here. Jets D aren't looking their usual selves tonight. Just have a bad feeling here.

• Advertisement

Wow can't believe my luck. A bobbled FG early for the Broncos and now a dropped snap. Get the fook in none the less. And i still hate the Jets.

Peyton Manning total passing yards Over 297.5 @ 1.83

Stake 30

Manning has thrown more and close to this figure against much stronger defenses. I reckon he should break into the 300's tonight.

Manning on 307 yards so the above bet is in. Colts should be way ahead. Too many turn overs.

Another push today on the Colts handicap. At least it's not lost which looked like it may have been for a while. I'll work out the balance and profit tomorrow. Going to bed.

EDIT

Okay everything paid out and settled now.

Balance 3380.79
    Profit 2830.79

A few bets i like today that i've been reading about on forums and liked. The footytipster fella has one or two of them up as well and i agree with his analysis.

Elfsborg v Helsingborg @ 2.10

Elfsborg are a very good strong home team while the visitors arrived without 7 players. 5 of them first team ones. They also haven't been playing too good recently. Elfsborg also play on artificial turf which can be difficult for teams not used to playing on it.

Stake 30.79

Arminia Bielefeld v Duisburg @ 2.30

Arminia have only took points from 1 game in 7 attempts, have a few injury worries and lost players over the summer. They are clearly in brutal form. Duisburg are a strong team and have been playing well despite not being great away from home. But i fancy them to take all 3 here today against an already poor weakened Arminia team.

Stake 20

Hercules v Villarreal @ 2.50

While i admire Hercules determination they are far from a good team. They had their big win over Barca and beat Sevilla who have been having a few internal problems. So they are capable of pulling out a result. They remind me as the Spanish Blackpool. Villarreal are one of the best teams outside of the big 2 and 5 wins in a row shows that they are a good strong team. This is a derby game so they should be up for it despite having European competition midweek. Usually i avoid teams that have such ahead of them. But at good odds i feel Villarreal are worth a punt.

Stake 20

And a treble of

HJK Helsinki v Turku PS (Over 2.5) @ 1.66
    Konyaspor v Fenerbahce (Over 2.5) @ 1.72
    Inter Turku v Mypa Myllykoski @ 1.90

Total odds 5.50

Stake 20

I know i'm doing a bit of chasing and it's probably stupid putting money on a team i already have a bet on. But Villarreal are dominating the ball and are against 10 men Hercules. They just scored to equalized before i posted up here. But i did post it in the tips from a pro thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68572006&postcount=17534

Villarreal DNB @ 3.00

Stake 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

best of luck,i took valencia double chance when they went down 2-1,there defo the better team and should go on to win,,

Money back on them at least. Well for the second bet anyways. Horrible day where nothing went as i thought. Just the Duisburg game as a winner. Would have been better if Villarreal stopped playing around with the ball outside the box and actually moved to try score. The Spanish style of play does my head in at times.

Balance 3336
    Profit 2786

Some bets for MNF

Titans at Jags (Over 44.5) @ 1.90

Both these teams been giving up major yards and have also been putting points on the board. Will be interesting to see 2 of the best running backs in the game compete for stats. I'm favoring a road win as the Jags been giving up a lot of passing points and while Vince Young is no Manning or Brees he has a great chance to find joy here tonight with both Washington and Britt on great red zone form. But i might leave that for an in play bet as it is currently at -3 and i'd prefer -2 or 2.5. The Titans have also been giving up points which makes me favor the overs. I can see a scoreline with both teams into the 20's.

Stake 30

Mike Sims-Walker anytime TD @ 3.30

He's being targetted a lot but hasn't had a TD since the second or first week. Can't really remember. I got a feeling about him this week and i'm gonna go with it. For about 3 weeks in a row i have had feelings about anytime td scorers that hadn't scored in a while and i never took them. And of course they scored. The most recent being Garcon last night. With Lewis the leading TD scorer for the Jags i'm hoping he'll be covered more and give a bit of freedom to Sims-Walker.

Stake 10

Nate Washington anytime TD scorer @ 2.50

If anyone is gonna score a passing TD for the Titans it is going to be Washington or Britt. The 2 of them have been alternating TD's each week and sometimes find the end zone in the same week. Washington had just 1 reception last week and it was a 24 yard TD. The week before he didn't score and was only targetted 4 times. So i'm hoping this week he will get the bulk of the targets and find the end zone. Bit of a coin flip really.

Stake 10

• Advertisement

Fúcking hell. After such an explosive opening this game has turned shít. Neither team has barely moved down the field while in possession.

Advertisement