Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor question

Options
  • 11-08-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi folks,

I have a very straight forward question. Im currently a meteor pay as you go customer. I have now bought a new sim free smartphone. Can i switch to bill pay and avail of the "Bill pay smart lite" contract?

I think there was a thread on this already but i cant find it.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

straight forward answer - yes
    i done it last month, swapped from PAYG to Bill Pay Smart Lite 30.

https://phones.meteor.ie/phones/meteor_free_sim/#what-you-get-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gjtonysoprano17

Thanks kceire,

I'll be doing that so. Its a great deal. I rang them and they said you have to go into the shop, but looks like you did it online. That right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Gurlzie1

You can only get a new bill pay contract online, you can't sign up online if you want to go from prepay to bill pay so you'll have to go into a store. You need to bring photo ID and a utility bill/bank statement (went into the store myself and had to come back cos I didn't have everything I needed with me!)

There's an offer I got last week, if you go from prepay to bill pay lite smart 30 then you can get free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts, 200 mins and texts to other networks and 1gb of internet, might want to ask the store about this to see how long they have the deal for

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks kceire,

I'll be doing that so. Its a great deal. I rang them and they said you have to go into the shop, but looks like you did it online. That right?

i took a new number online then when everything came out i just swapped my PAYG number to the new bill pay account.

the reason i done this is because at the time Meteor didnt offer the Free talk and text to existing customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭alhimself

kceire wrote: »
    i took a new number online then when everything came out i just swapped my PAYG number to the new bill pay account.

the reason i done this is because at the time Meteor didnt offer the Free talk and text to existing customers.

i like it, how did customer service take it, they moved your original payg number over to the billpay account no problem? and i guess cancelled the new billpay number?

• Advertisement
Advertisement