Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview for college course

Options
  • 11-08-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,

I went for an Mature student interview in a college today and was told that offers for the course I was applying for had already been sent out.

The course was first on my list and I applied through the CAO change of mind. Is it normal for colleges to fill all places before interviews are complete? I was told I may get an offer if one of the other applicants cancel.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

tonto2010 wrote: »
    Hi,

I went for an Mature student interview in a college today and was told that offers for the course I was applying for had already been sent out.

The course was first on my list and I applied through the CAO change of mind. Is it normal for colleges to fill all places before interviews are complete? I was told I may get an offer if one of the other applicants cancel.

Thanks in Advance

Hmm.....

You could get lucky and someone might not take up a place. In todays Independent it stated that only 45,000 of the 55,000 who sat the leaving cert this summer applied to the CAO. That is against the trend of recent years when nearly everybody applied. It could also mean that there is not the numbers to fill your particular course and you could get lucky.

Advertisement