Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats that pasta dish with cut up rashers??

Options
  • 11-08-2010 6:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

what is that pasta dish where you cut up rashers andput it in the sauce?? what is the sauce?? i just need help,i want to try new things and get away from the sane oul freezer dinners every day etc

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

A V A wrote: »
    what is that pasta dish where you cut up rashers andput it in the sauce?? what is the sauce?? i just need help,i want to try new things and get away from the sane oul freezer dinners every day etc

cheers

Pasta carbonara? Yum yum yum, love it. I'm hungry now! :o

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/beautiful-courgette-carbonara This Jamie Oliver recipe looks good, although personally I'd leave out the courgettes!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭justo

probably 'Carbonara'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

is that it?? i cant find it , being 19 and liveing by melf now want to eat healty and bassically grow up hahah

would people on this food forum be pi*sed if i asked questions about food etc ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

is that it?? i cant find it , being 19 and liveing by melf now want to eat healty and bassically grow up hahah

would people on this food forum be pi*sed if i asked questions about food etc ??

Yes, we created a Food and Drink forum specifically so we could give out to people who ask questions about food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

now now faith

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Try it with chicken too, very nice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

now now faith

Please report my post if you have a problem with it.

I'm sure A V A knows that my post was in jest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Good on you for wanting to learn to cook. However, carbonara isn't healthy by any means so if it's healthy food you're after have a look around some recipes online. The BBC website is a great resource.

Faith wrote: »
    Please report my post if you have a problem with it.

I'm sure A V A knows that my post was in jest.

not atall man , nothing taken from it :) but what i was confused about was when you said food and drink , i thought my food question wasnt in the food thread i was like :S:S ,

emm i should re-frase the word "healthy", you know eating propper food , eating a real dinner , not a pizza and chips, beans a things like that . i just want to learn how to make a nice dinner out of ingredients and things :) and plus i look at it this way ,if i start learning all these little things, they will stick and ill be able to use the knowledge of being able to cook when i have a family :) you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Amatriciana. Tomato, chilli, bacon.

• Advertisement

could you explain that a bit more:)

Pasta with some garlic, olive oil, parsley, and rashers would probably be a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There is no pont lusting every pasta dish with bacon in it, the OP was almost definately refering to carbonara

Mellor wrote: »
    There is no pont lusting every pasta dish with bacon in it, the OP was almost definately refering to carbonara

Let the OP say so, so. Carbonara in my experience is usually made with ham/panchetta. I have offered him/her a recipe for pasta with bacon as requested, it may not be what he/she had in mind, but who am I to pre-suppose another's thoughts?

im open to suggestions :), mr pres cheers for the recipe , im going to try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

cheers for that

people are more wellcoming on this forum than others on boards

cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

:) Is everyone introduced to boards through after hours? I know i was but have not been there in months.
    Hi op, as stated already carbonara is not exactly healthy because of the cream. Instead cook yourself some type of pasta, (I like penne) and start mixing with cans of chopped tomatoes an minced meat. Simple and delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Mellor wrote: »

When I read the OP the first recipe that came to my mind was amatriciana so...

• Advertisement

Bicky wrote: »
    :) Is everyone introduced to boards through after hours? I know i was but have not been there in months.
    Hi op, as stated already carbonara is not exactly healthy because of the cream. Instead cook yourself some type of pasta, (I like penne) and start mixing with cans of chopped tomatoes an minced meat. Simple and delicious.

haha i wasn t, through the music forum for me

ahh just wanted real food instead of pizzas all the time etc that kind of stuff!!
    im gong to try make carbona this week

i just fry the rashers ye ? i dont boil them do i , is everything i need to know in that link above??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tails142 wrote: »
    When I read the OP the first recipe that came to my mind was amatriciana so...
    Well you are obvious familar with a few more dishes, i actually thought of a spicy bacon dish I had recently, but seeing as the OP didn't know the name of any dish, its likely that he was refering to the more common ones.
    Hardly important.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

God I love pasta+bacon+any kind of sauce,

OP the trick really is just try everything, there's no real way to do pasta dishes "wrong" try whatever combination of ingredients seem good to you and eventually you will stumble upon a few things you'll like and make again, I've been living on my own for a couple of years now (I'm 19 like yourself) and most of my recipes I created myself.

It could eventually turn into a hobby and you might end up being the next Jamie Oliver! (Just do us a favour and don't turn into American TV's and Sainsbury's whore ;)

hahaha cheers for that as of now i just havent the money to buy deferent flavors and ingredients to mess around with you know , already spend enough of the weeks shopping anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

A V A

I know I will be (quite rightly) shouted down for suggesting this but just grab a jar of Roma or Dolmio carbonara sauce, a packet of penne pasta, a packet of rashers and a packet of already grated mozzarella chese.

Just follow the instructions on the Jar.

Any home made sauce is miles better than a shop bought one but If you've never ever cooked before and you've just moved out on your own then start with something manageable.

Down the line you might get a bit adventurous and go for the recipes suggested here and I hope you do. If so then most people on this board would be more than glad to help you out.

Other good dishes to try when you're starting out are Bolognese, lasagne, curries or stews. Happy cooking man it's great to be independant.

any advice is good advice to me man

thanks for that i was thinking of doing that aswell because of the lack of money etc i will defo try the recipe that was provided above :) and i have done bolongnase etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

FYI - My (italian) wife uses an iphone app for handy pasta dishes, she speaks very highly of it, whats it called I hear you say?

have a guess

Go on

iPasta

honestly :)

dont have an i phone tho :rolleyes::p:D

guys i have all ingredients now and ready to go for tomorow:)

do i fry the rashers ye ? then throw them in :P or do i boil them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

watch this video
    just swap the pancetta for rashers

Advertisement