Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats that pasta dish with cut up rashers??

Options
2»

Comments

A V A wrote: »
    guys i have all ingredients now and ready to go for tomorow:)

do i fry the rashers ye ? then throw them in :P or do i boil them
    Hi A.V.A
    You fry the cut-up rashers, mind you dont burn them though!
    Let us know how it turns out, - best of luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

thanks guys im defo goin to try this :)

i just finished up eating , everything went well and thought it was gorges yum yum , it was alot different to what i usually eat at dinner and made a difference but it was a little to sweet , was it the rashers , only put a tad bit of salt in with the pasta !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

My contribution to the Cooking Club is a recipe for a simple Carbonara. You can find it here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Just my 2c - if you're cooking on a budget, Aldi or Lidl both do 1kg of bacon mis-shapes for €2. They're just different shaped peices of bacon that didn't fit in anywhere else ;)

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    My contribution to the Cooking Club is a recipe for a simple Carbonara. You can find it here

thanks so much for that :)

really thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

rashers

i use hickory smoked rashers
    1 large onion finely chopped, a clove of garlic finely chopped and the rashers cut into strips all lightly fried in a drop of olive oil, also add some peppers cut into strips aswell.
    add sour cream and mushrooms cut into 1/4's and leave to simmer for about 5mins

serve with tagliatelle and some florets of cauliflour sprinkled with finely chopped fresh herbs

for a lighter option use greek youghurt but i find this seperates/goes lumpy easy

well thats my first donation to the food thread:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

lucky-colm wrote: »
    rashers

i use hickory smoked rashers
    1 large onion finely chopped, a clove of garlic finely chopped and the rashers cut into strips all lightly fried in a drop of olive oil, also add some peppers cut into strips aswell.
    add sour cream and mushrooms cut into 1/4's and leave to simmer for about 5mins

serve with tagliatelle and some florets of cauliflour sprinkled with finely chopped fresh herbs

for a lighter option use greek youghurt but i find this seperates/goes lumpy easy

well thats my first donation to the food thread:D

And that's your cure for thrush? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

minotour wrote: »
    FYI - My (italian) wife uses an iphone app for handy pasta dishes, she speaks very highly of it, whats it called I hear you say?

have a guess

Go on

iPasta

honestly :)

All i have to do now is learn italian :D

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

I'm sorry to post this but AVA your spelling is deplorable. You say you moved out and are trying to grow up, I hope for the rest of us you are not enrolled in 3rd level education as that would really typify the current trend/state of this country but also serve as some sort of explanation I suppose. Rant Over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Uncle_moe - Do not insult other posters.
    If you have an issue with a post use the Report Post button.
    This is a warning - do it again & you will be banned.

HB

Advertisement