Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway Ballyfermot/Chapelizod/Inchicore area

Options
  • 11-08-2010 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I know there are a few similar threads here but none for this area.

Any recommendations?
    Have been using China City in Ballyfermot. Fast delivery but quality not much.
    I know it's just a takeaway but realy, I'm sure there are better.

Any locals know anywhere good? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Are you looking for a chinese or any takeway? Probably too late but Macaris in Inchicore is quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

All recommendations welcome, doesn't have to be Chinese. :)

Shall check out Macaris

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Are you looking for a chinese or any takeway? Probably too late but Macaris in Inchicore is quality.

I have to second that, presuming its the same Macaris, the one beside the petrol station, loads of food at reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Macaris is dee-lish alright. They are a bit slow but the food is always fresh so its worth the wait. The battered sausages are really nice.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I have to second that, presuming its the same Macaris, the one beside the petrol station, loads of food at reasonable prices.

I got to the new one down the road (handy as it's just across from where I work), I do agree the one next to the petrol station is quality but they don't deliver for the OP (guessing it's delivery hence listing a few areas).

• Advertisement

Ah delivery isn't such an issue

I walk from Blackhorse Luas stop to Chapelizod coming home from work.
    Well technically Chapelizod, the developers gave it a Chapelizod address but it's realy Ballyfermot ;) I rent, don't care either way but the owners sure do care.

Anyway Macaris is on the way,

Delivery/ takeaway, either is grand. Just looking for the best around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Try West Lake Chinese takeaway in Drumfin.

Fairly tasty imo.

nummnutts wrote: »
    Try West Lake Chinese takeaway in Drumfin.

Fairly tasty imo.

Drumfin?:confused:

I know West Lake, good place.
    It's by Ballyfermot Garda Station

Drumfin Park

Drumfin Park

Thought he meant over in Sligo.:D Also Papa Mio's on Emmet Rd do lovely pizzas they do a quality meal deal with Toni's chipper, bag of proper chippers, 500ml bottle and a 9" pizza for €9 well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Drumfin Park

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I live in the Ballyfermot area and have to say all the chinese takeaways I've tried were gloopy muck.

I suspect that they all buy wholesale preprepared dishes because all the menus are identical. The quality of food is identical too.

Diep have just opened a take away on cork st/dolphins barn and I think they deliver to inchicore. A bit pricey but with it.

I'll def try macaris in Inchicore out
    next time I fancy a bag of chips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I'm not mad on Chinese food but Lams on Ballyfermot Road are quite good,they do a nice curry sauce (which is basically all a chinese curry is) and make the food in front of you. Deliver too. My wife and several other people I know swear by the Chinese restaurant on Ballyfermot Road beside the off licence, far east I think it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

best chinese around inchicore is red chilli. i used to drive up from rathmines to it. great meal deals too. bbq spare ribs, roast duck cantonese style with bean sprouts, both long tray, fried rice and can of coke €10.50 nyom nyom nyom

Thanks for all suggestions.

I'm going to give a thumbs down to China City Ballyfermot.
    Super fast delivery but food is the same rubbish quality no matter what you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Man those mexicans burger are amazing...

though the old lady in there always gets my orders wrong! :D

Advertisement