Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs And Socs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

snazzy wrote: »
    I went a bit mad and joined the International Society, Karate, Kayaking and Windsurfing. :eek:

Was going for the Irish but jaysus, it's poor enough at this stage, I'd just of been an embarrassment!

Ah dont think like that. Its for people of all abilities. We have a guy from the US who has no Irish at all and a girl from Romainia. Youd be suprised how much Irish you have, it just needs a bit of encouragment.

Come down to Javas to the Ciorcal Comhrá(conversation group) when its on some night. If you dont like it you dont have to come back. You never know unless you try.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There are over 3500 people signed up to A club or society, with almost 5500 individual memberships across clubs and socs. 2 nutters even joined 8!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Joined Music, ULTV and Photography. yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Is there no golf club? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

ninty9er wrote: »
    There are over 3500 people signed up to A club or society, with almost 5500 individual memberships across clubs and socs. 2 nutters even joined 8!!!

I think Keith O'Neill deserves a lot of credit for designing and building that website system, its seriously impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Absolutely. I've suggested naming a building after him, but I'm not sure it's enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Is there no golf club? :(

There isn't a golf society, per se. There's a golf team, but i think you really need to be asked to play for them, atleast that was the case for two good friends of mine who played last year. There was talk of them trying to set up a club, but i think they decided against it because they didn't feel they'd get the necessary interest while maintaining high standards of the playing team.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

hey i was just wondering is it too late to join a club or society, i couldn't make it to the recruitment drive wednesday. I was thiking of joining the history club and i'm wondering does anybody know what goes on in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

mulner92 wrote: »
    hey i was just wondering is it too late to join a club or society, i couldn't make it to the recruitment drive wednesday. I was thiking of joining the history club and i'm wondering does anybody know what goes on in it?

dont worry about missing the recutment drive all you have to do is pre-register for a club or soc on this website http://www.registercs.ul.ie/ then turn up to one of the club/soc events to become a member. clubs and socs welcome members at all times of the year

thank you much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

mayo_lad wrote: »
    dont worry about missing the recutment drive all you have to do is pre-register for a club or soc on this website http://www.registercs.ul.ie/ then turn up to one of the club/soc events to become a member. clubs and socs welcome members at all times of the year

I'd email the club/soc before just turning up at one of their events, i know some clubs reserve training times for just their advanced members, it ensures that they get in the training that they need for some sports, instead of coaching beginners all the time! Also some clubs have cut off times for when they take members for similar reasons... I know socs might be different, just a point that needed to be made!

Contact with the club/soc can be made through the above mentioned site.

Just to let you know, The location of the first meeting for Cumann Gaeilge is changed to A1055 On Thursday at 7pm.

hi Deise you could use the Irish room in the language building in future it mite be a nicer place to have it instead of a tutural room

mayo_lad wrote: »
    hi Deise you could use the Irish room in the language building in future it mite be a nicer place to have it instead of a tutural room

Ive heard about this place. Its called seomra na gaeilge isent it?
    I took over their facebook page but dont know where it is.:rolleyes:

The plan is to meet up in Javas for a few drinks and Caint as gaeilge once a week.

it is some where in the language building i'm not sure where tho \
    http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/910560123.pdf there's a map of where the language building is

your plan to got to javas mite be better tho

anybody in the history club?what's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

mulner92 wrote: »
    anybody in the history club?what's it like?

They dwell on the past too much.

:pac:

Advertisement