Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Experience of WRH for birth/labour

Options
  • 11-08-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All,

I am expecting my very first baby early in 2011 and my husband & I are thrilled about it.

I plan to have my baby in Waterford and I guess even now I am getting anxious or having moments thinking about the birth/labour.......

I would love to hear from other Mums who had their children in Wateford. How did you find the staff for support and how did you find the birth/labour experience

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 buddyrabbit

the worst thing ever is listening to other peoples stories...
    Nobody will tell u a happy one, one has to be more horrific and painful than the next...
    Just enjoy being pregnant and go with the flow when ur day finally arrives :)
    CONGRATULATIONS to you both ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I just posted this on another thread:

It's my first so I'll know more by the end of October!!!!

My sister had bother her kids there in 2007 and 2008, everything went fine except for the winter vomiting bug in 2007 meant she was on her own once the child was born, but that happens every where.

I'm having my baby in WRH, I had the tour of the labour ward as part of the anti-natal classes and I was really surprised at the facilities. The rooms were much better than they were 13 years ago when my cousin had her child. I was a bit worried about overcrowding going by the throngs of women at the outpatients appointments, but the midwife said all rooms are never full. I even saw the Cesarean theater which was ......... sterile!

I havent seen the hospital in Kilkenny but I'm glad I'm going to Waterford. I would also hate to have an emergency section but I get the feeling it depends more on how the midwife handles your labour and the well being of the baby then the willingness of doctors to just do them to cover themselves.

Advertisement