Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headin to Carlow..

Options
  • 11-08-2010 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm heading to Carlow with a friend of mine next Thursday until Saturday. Staying in the Talbot Hotel.
    Just wondering can ya recommend where would be good to go for a few drinks on a Thursday and Friday or is anything going on ?
    We're not looking for anything mad , just somewhere to go for a few drinks:)
    Have never been before so no idea what to do or where to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Hey Cookie Jar,

2 places I would recommend are the Med bar and the Barracks, both are on tullow st in the centre of town. Not too sure what thursdays are like with the college off, but both are good on a Friday. Think the barracks ahs music friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The tavern, the dolmen and tully's aren't the worst either

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lorddec

I would agree with them all....:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Thanks a mil:D
    Yeah I didn't think there would be much going on the Thursday anyways, but we'll check them two out, thanks again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

scraggs is usually decent on a thursday.... (or used to be) It would probably have a younger crowd in it though. Might be worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

most of the bars in town centre would be pretty lively m8, scraggs, barracks, tullys, dinn Ri all in a minutes walk from each other so maybe a pub crawl until you find somewhere that suit your comforts :D, enjoy carlow anyway

Advertisement