Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bed Routine for 2 1/2 year old boy

• 11-08-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

just curious to see what other people's bed routine's are for a 2.5 year old boy. He's in his own bed but continually comes out of it and into the hall.

This is after story telling, brushing teeth, light's out etc.

We have a cot that he eventually goes into if he persists on getting out of the bed. This is in the same room and is only a temporary measure i.e. max 5 mins then back into his own bed. The cot is being taken out of his room and into his baby sister's in the next week, hence that option is out.

It can take up to an hour for him to go to sleep after his routine. Is this normal? He's got a lot of energy.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I just took my 2 1/2year old girl from her cot into her own bed.
    Monday was the first night, her bed is beside the window. She kept sittin up at the window looking out it, calling me and then maybe 2 hours later she was asleep in the bed. I went into her a couple of times , and just lay her back down without saying anything to her.

She usually naps for about an hour during day but I cut that out on the Tuesday and she went into bed and was asleep within 15 minutes, same again tonight.

She goes down at half 7. I do the whole, washing hands, face and teeth then read her a story.

I guess maybe I'm just lucky?
    Maybe take out his nap if he has one? If he does come out put him back in without talking to him. Be persistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

my routine was and still is - a bath, two stories, turn off reading lamp, turn on night light, turn on relaxing music and leave room, and then do jobs upstairs near the room where my girl can hear me pottering about, and if she calls for me i can answer, but without going back into the room (i then do jobs like putting clothes away, cleaning bathroom) while she knows i'm relatively near if she needs me but within minutes she's asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

we moved our lo to a bed at 2, the first wk i had to sit outside his room and put him in to bed every time he came out - think the most was 15 times!! until he evetually gave up. he could be quiet for 30 mins and then decide to get up!! its been 4 months now and he goes down no problem, he may play up one or 2 nites. but never more than a minute or 2!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You have to persist and not given in, it can take from 5 nigths to 14 but if you keep consistantly putting him back to bed he will learn to stay in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Am I the only person who puts a babygate up when the mini rose keeps running out of the bedroom?

(I'm a bad bad mammy :D)

• Advertisement
Advertisement