Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung tocco lite help

Options
  • 11-08-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

My brother got a Samsung Tocco Lite a few weeks ago. Now the phone is locked, and it won't accept any codes. It's not the sim, that works in other phones. Can anyone tell me how to fix it please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

You can set a few different security settings on the tocco lite. The default code is usually 00000000. If this code has been changed it needs to be reset by an unlocking store. Not sure if there is a master code that can reset the settings back to default. What message comes on the screen when his sim is inserted?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Thanks, I will get him to try 00000000 tomorrow. He claims he never reset any code. I don't think he'd be able to anyway. When he turns the phone on, whether the sim is in or not the touch numberpad comes up and it says 'enter phone unlock code'. I've put the sim in my phone and that works no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Where did he get the phone? He has never got to use it i gather?

Davy wrote: »
    Where did he get the phone? He has never got to use it i gather?

Oh he has used it. He got it in a meteor shop about 3 weeks ago. It was only last week that this happened. Apparently this has happened to his friend and my uncle. Both of them brought it to the store and the store put in a code for them. My brother keeps saying he'll bring it back but keeps forgetting it. He's 12. Such fuss to get the phone and now this :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I thought it was network locked, its only the phone lock so. The 8 zeros as above should do it then from memory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rachaelf750

hi,did your bro take the sim card outta the phone before he turned it off.I did this twice(dumb ass) and the shop had to send it off to a tech to get it fixed both times.They tried charging me(40) forit but I point blank refused to pay and didnt have to..

Davy wrote: »
    I thought it was network locked, its only the phone lock so. The 8 zeros as above should do it then from memory

I'll see him tomorrow and get him to do it. Cheers for your help.
    hi,did your bro take the sim card outta the phone before he turned it off.I did this twice(dumb ass) and the shop had to send it off to a tech to get it fixed both times.They tried charging me(40) forit but I point blank refused to pay and didnt have to..

He possibly did. You don't have to take the battery out before you can take the sim out, so I'd say he did. I'll see if the 00000000 works and if not, off to the store with him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If the code does not work, tell him not to try it multiple times as that will end up locking it tighter. If the default code does not work, he should contact his Network provider and ask for the PUK (Pin Unlock Code) for the phone. Google PUK

Advertisement