Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend on your mobile each month?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey just considering going onto billpay and was wondering how much people spend on their mobiles each month. If you wish to elaborate what you get for it be my guest and i am interested on how much iphone users pay also.

How much do you spend on your mobile each month? 69 votes

€0-€10
    0% 0 votes
    €10-€20
    5% 4 votes
    €20-€30
    31% 22 votes
    €30-€40
    21% 15 votes
    €40-€50
    24% 17 votes
    €50-€60
    10% 7 votes
    €60-€70
    2% 2 votes
    €70+
    2% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

40euro on o2 billpay.

And then another tenner for student broadband (10gb) on o2 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

my bill on billpay on 02 is 20euros a month (including the 1GB charge for data for iphone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Was spending 40 on o2 now spending 30 on meteor. Just checked my usage online today though and it seems they put me on bill pay lite instead of bill pay smart lite and I have racked up 550 euro in data charges:eek: but a quick call as sorted it all out.

I probably put another 10euro onto Vodafone or Tesco sim for international calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Im pay as you go with vodafone. I use 20 a month with a 5gb add on on vodafone for data. So i use my home blueface account on fring to make calls and cabbage to sent texts and then use the rest of the 5gb for the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

jd83 wrote: »
    Im pay as you go with vodafone. I use 20 a month with a 5gb add on on vodafone for data. So i use my home blueface account on fring to make calls and cabbage to sent texts and then use the rest of the 5gb for the internet.

i cant find any info on the 5gb add on. where is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

chris85 wrote: »
    Hey just considering going onto billpay and was wondering how much people spend on their mobiles each month. If you wish to elaborate what you get for it be my guest and i am interested on how much iphone users pay also.

If you were to text anyone when ever you wanted to and talk to everyone you wanted how many minutes do you think you'd talk for a day and how many texts would you send?
    Would you spend 20 minutes on the phone a day and send maybe 20 texts?

Leave internet usage out of the picture until you get the basic package right, remember on bill pay you want minutes and texts left over at the end of the month you don't want to be going over your monthly allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Was spending €30 a month on meteor but thanks to being able to withdraw from contract i'm down to €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

€30 per month with 3, includes 2GB data, 350 flexi units and unlimited landline calls

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Padraig O'Dea
    Eaton Square
    Monkstown

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Around Mid 30's on billpay. I downgraded my plan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

20 but i don't use much of it each month. this time next year i should reach the 200e credit limit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

chris85 wrote: »
    i cant find any info on the 5gb add on. where is that?

Its in paid extras on myvodafone. Theres a week add on and the month add on of 5gb for 20 quid.

However the vodafone website is so crappy that most times you get an error when you try log on to that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

i'm on bill pay max plan with meteor, 70.20 ex vat (85 with) for unlimited calls and texts in ireland and 1gb data. very happy with it, i use my phone for work and my bills used to be 300 + on o2. The phones are cheaper on meteor too.

My little brother is looking for an iphone on payg. would vodafone be best for him them with that 5gb add on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Between broadband and two phones, I rack up anywhere between €85 and €120 a month. If O2 cut their call rates to the UK I could reduce that quite a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

on o2 pre-pay, the €20 does me the month,as most of contacts are o2, so free calls and texts!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Currently with O2 on €50 with 350 min 150 texts plan with free evening and weekend any network calls. Was able to cancel my contract with them but wasn't worth changing. Suits me as have mates and family on all different networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

im a very low user. have 30 day sim only plan with meteor.
    €10/month for 50min and 50 txt and another €5 for the 250mb data subscription

more than what i need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jonoor

I have a dual sim phone which works great for keeping an eye on your phone bill.I have a 10 euro a month meteor deal on sim 1 and a 20 euro o2 deal on sim 2 . This means i get all the specials from both companies on 1 phone .ie. free meteor to meteor texts and cheaper meteor to meteor calls on sim 1 and o2 to o2 on sim 2 etc.

Check the deals on 2 different networks and i bet if you take 1 from each up to the value you are paying now,You will save a small fortune every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jonoor

Gekko wrote: »
    Between broadband and two phones, I rack up anywhere between €85 and €120 a month. If O2 cut their call rates to the UK I could reduce that quite a bit...

Instead of having 2 phones buy a dual sim phone. You can put a uk sim in sim 1 and an irish sim in sim 2 .am just guessing here but if you do all your irish calls on sim 2 and your uk calls with the uk sim 1 card.this should work out much cheaper?

Worth a look?

• Advertisement
Advertisement