Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPD-SL pedals "Look compatiable"?

• 11-08-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I put on a pair of Shimano SPD-SL pedals on my gf's bike that came with her bike originally. I was under the impression that they were Look compatible so I just put on an old set of Look cleats on her shoes. However there is no way the cleats will engage. Am I doing something wrong, should the cleats work or will I have to pick up a pair of shimano cleats?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

you'll have to get Shimano cleats, simple as;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You need SPD-SL cleats, unfortuneatly - did any come with the bike?

They do look similar to Look pedals, though - an easy mistake to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The drilling pattern on the shoes for the cleats is Look compatible, that could have been the confusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Diarmuid, someone has hacked into your account!

For what it's worth, I hate look pedals, Shimano are far superior. Nice wide platform, rock solid and the cleats aren't made of cheese either. Oh, how I miss them!

20 euro or so (locally) for a pair of cleats, red for no float and yellow for 6 degrees. Probably best to get the yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

blorg wrote: »
    The drilling pattern on the shoes for the cleats is Look compatible, that could have been the confusion.

yeah I guess that's what Look compatible means
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    20 euro or so (locally) for a pair of cleats, red for no float and yellow for 6 degrees. Probably best to get the yellow.
    Down to Joe Daly's at lunch then...

• Advertisement
Advertisement