Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most beautiful seatbelt advocacy commercial ever

Options
  • 11-08-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I had this e-mailed me today. Apparantely it was created by someone not hired to do so but felt the need to do so as it was a subject close to his heart and now it has gone viral.

It's pretty impressive anyway

Comments

That's brilliant... It's nice to see a change from the shock tactic that's used all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

That's brilliant... It's nice to see a change from the shock tactic that's used all the time.

And probably much more effective too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

If he gets a fat kid not to pop out from the table now he's sorted

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO-EYaPopFrPB6rB1N5U4AxMSjuvVPoEnlHyGYbjHbG5WjsuY&t=1&usg=__Us6IwoZpa_VtpScOLYxFiCcp4l4=
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3JwroAGNc4Z830vZKFWKojAaq2d5dDQaqTq310ANY1ffv7a8&t=1&usg=__IvOrQFLTWQOiknUxxByQ2sxHhng=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Pretty cool.

And probably much more effective too

True.. It's just human nature that we become desensitised to shock after so many ads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Is it just me or does that guy look really familiar ... he reminds me so much of some celebrity, but I can't work out who?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Another youtube video of this with over 10 million views, link there given more information about how it was made

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Is it just me or does that guy look really familiar ... he reminds me so much of some celebrity, but I can't work out who?! :confused:

he looks a bit like steve brookstein, the guy who won the very first x-factor....well he does at the start anyway...nope? just me??? Okay I'll shut the door behind me :)

he's also in subway ads, and the old el paso fajita ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah it's been around a while and "went viral" before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Very good, nice message as opposed to maimed victims and crying mothers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

cloneslad wrote: »
    he looks a bit like steve brookstein, the guy who won the very first x-factor....well he does at the start anyway...nope? just me??? Okay I'll shut the door behind me :)

Yes! That's exactly who I was thinking of!

Really beautiful, I actually got shivers down my spine watching that, and I can safely say that has never happened with any other ad. Thanks for posting.

Advertisement