Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stages in Galway

Options
  • 11-08-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any schools who rent out their stages? We have a show coming up with children and need to get some practice in on a stage before the big event!!

Any help will be much appreciated :D

Also if anyone knows of anyone who has any kind of costumes or fancy dress stuff that they don't want we would gladly take them off your hands!! Its all for a kids youth club... :D

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

I know St. Patrick's school near the market used to rent their hall out on a Saturday to a drama group so maybe you could ask there. Also the Presentation have a stage in their hall.

Good luck, A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

St Marys and the Jez do aswell I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

thanks for your replies.

St. Pats don't rent out anymore which is a shame :(

Tried St. Mary's to but they have not got back to me. I'll get onto the Jez now...

Thanks again much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

maybe NUIG would?

Dutchess wrote: »
    maybe NUIG would?

Didn't realise they had a stage! Thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

well, they obviously have a load of lecture halls that may or may not suit but there's also this which might be good: http://www.nuigalway.ie/arts_office/theatre.html :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

There's a small theatre beside the Bish. Not sure who runs it but I'm sure city council or Town Hall would know...

trish23 wrote: »
    There's a small theatre beside the Bish. Not sure who runs it but I'm sure city council or Town Hall would know...

Oh yeah never thought of that... I think the bish use it though... but i will inquire anyways. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Oh yeah never thought of that... I think the bish use it though... but i will inquire anyways. Thanks :D

Bish doesn't own the stage and as far as I know don't use it much/at all, its part of the Galway Arts Council, so get onto them.

Any luck with the Jez? They are usually helpful with their stage. You also have your druid lane teather, black box, various different stages in NUIG,

Haven't spoke to the Jez yet.. Going through a list at the moment... mostly waiting for people to get back to us... and school's not back yet so we'll have to wait a couple of weeks to get back onto them... :D

• Advertisement

Hey all,

So no schools would rent out their stages to us! It was so disappointing! We were willing to pay to.. it just seemed to much hassle for them to give it to us. And some of them were using them for storage.. what a waste.. Schools are always looking for extra money from parents etc I just don't understand why they wouldn't rent out their stages and make some money from it :confused:

in the end we got Leisureland!! Thank you Leisureland!!!! What a relief!! :)

So thanks to everyone who posted with ideas.. much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Didn't realise they had a stage! Thanks :D

there is a small stage in the arts building

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Hey all,

So no schools would rent out their stages to us! It was so disappointing! We were willing to pay to.. it just seemed to much hassle for them to give it to us. And some of them were using them for storage.. what a waste.. Schools are always looking for extra money from parents etc I just don't understand why they wouldn't rent out their stages and make some money from it :confused:

in the end we got Leisureland!! Thank you Leisureland!!!! What a relief!! :)

So thanks to everyone who posted with ideas.. much appreciated :D

its an awkward time, what with the term starting

Fuinseog wrote: »
    its an awkward time, what with the term starting

Nothing to do with that... they just said no, they don't hire at all...

NUIG's stage would be to small for us.. we have alot of kids :)

Advertisement