Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little bit lost

Options
  • 11-08-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody could offer some advice or tips on a direction to take with my education and career choices. I have just finished a three course in computing and finished with a level 7 degree. I am unsure as to what my next step should be. Right now I cannot afford to go on and do an add on course to bring me up to a level 8, but a lot of graduate jobs out there are looking for level 8 graduates.

I am currently working in retail and am about ready to go crazy as it isn't something I enjoy doing and would like to get my life on the track I want to be on asap. I am considering studying part-time to get some Java certifications, or some Oracle certifications to add on to my degree qualification. Though I am not sure if this is worth doing or am I wasting my time.

I was just wondering has anybody been in a similar situation or have any career advice or tips? Many thanks for any replies.

Advertisement