Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Masterchef

Options
  • 11-08-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this? It's interesting to see how they really do improve after a few weeks. I have to say that Neil dude is very unlikeable, a bit sneaky looking or something.

They are doing very tough trials at the mo - cooking for 800 kids! Mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

What happened Dick? Did he get booted off while I was in the loo?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Kimia wrote: »
    It's interesting to see how they really do improve after a few weeks.
    I'd go further than 'interesting' and say 'slightly suspicious' actually. Call me an old cynic, but to me it looks slightly staged, as if a) they're deliberately underperforming in the initial rounds and b) getting some kind of professional coaching when they get to the later stages like the semifinals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

kylith wrote: »
    What happened Dick? Did he get booted off while I was in the loo?

He was struck ill during the night apparently! Then they said nothing else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,505 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Alun wrote: »
    I'd go further than 'interesting' and say 'slightly suspicious' actually. Call me an old cynic, but to me it looks slightly staged, as if a) they're deliberately underperforming in the initial rounds and b) getting some kind of professional coaching when they get to the later stages like the semifinals.

I wouldn't be as cynical as a) but I suspect b)

Some contestants also admitted to doing nothing but cooking at home in between the filming sessions

But anyway, I don't really like the "celebrity" bit of the show although most contestants are as far removed from being a celebrity as eh, me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girlyhappyface

Yeah, they definitly use the term "celebrity" quite loosely. They seem to improve greatly through the rounds- it's not just standard grub they can cook, it definitly looks like they've had training. Christine is doing so well, although I like that Lisa girl a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Dunmoon

Forgot to record tonight's episode for the missus. Can anyone post a brief account of what happened so I can get back in her good books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dunmoon wrote: »
    Forgot to record tonight's episode for the missus. Can anyone post a brief account of what happened so I can get back in her good books!

they cooked for the builders in the Olympic Stadium in London

2 girls in one tent, two fellas in the other.

they had to "share" the facilities in each tent with their partner, but each had to design their own main and desert.

then they had to cook for Seb Coe and some special guests. One course each. the best part here was when the floppy haired dude blind baked a tart base for desert, then when it was done, he dropped it and it smashed all over the floor, so he had to re-design the course. turned out the guests enjoyed the desert the most.

then a skills test where they had to make a Salade Nicoise and a Lemon Meringue Pie.

last day of the semis tomorrow, where one of the gets booted, my money is on the floppy haired dude or the younger girl

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dunmoon

Thanks for the update, she's hoping Neil will go and one of the women win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,505 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Des wrote: »
    they cooked for the builders in the Olympic Stadium in London

2 girls in one tent, two fellas in the other.

they had to "share" the facilities in each tent with their partner, but each had to design their own main and desert.

You're mixing up todays and yesterdays episodes :)

They cooked for the builders in the Olympic Stadium in London tonight alright. They had to do 400 main courses - all went very well in the end although the in house chef thought they wouldn't make it in time

The tent sharing thing was yesterday when they were serving the good people re-enacting a battle in the English civil war :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:o I watched both episodes tonight, apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I think the celeb. one is a bit odd... in the normal one they're always going on about how much they love to cook, they have the passion test etc (it's a load of bollix, that, imo - let the cooking do the talking!) whereas with the celeb one they're always stressing how little they cook and how little experience they have... it's like they're trying to say they were only coaxed into doing the show or doing it for a laugh.

Advertisement