Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room available to rent - any suggestion where to advertise

Options
  • 11-08-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

my sister is looking to rent out a room in her house (she works shift work) and is looking to rent a single room to someone who may want to rent it - maybe someone iwho is on a 3 month work placement or something like that - can anyone recommend where she might advertise, she put an advert on daft.ie but no enquiry - i was thinking the hospital etc, but she said that when someone gets to the hospital the person usually has their accommodation sorted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Local papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I got several replies for my room on Daft - it really is the best forum for renting. If there's no enquiries at all for her place, then her price might be a little bit high, especially if she only wants a short term tenant, she might have to take a hit on the rent.

Other factors could include using bad pics / having no pics at all. Is she updating it every day to get it near the top?

Single rooms are never easy to let though. If should could get a double bed into it at all she'd find it way easier.

Tell her to get a month's rent AND a deposit of a month's rent up front as well. Can't be doin without those deposits. And tell her to have a read of the property forum on boards. maybe ask there where to advertise as well, lots of landlords and tenants there will advise you.

Advertisement