Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Howth Spin with CycleWays

• 11-08-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

Went for my first spin with CycleWays this eve to Howth. Just saw the sign on the window today so said I'd chance it. Lashed rain this eve about half 5 and was half tempted not to bother going out but delighted we did.

Did a nice pace out there (prob slow to medium for those guys) then went right in Sutton and up the coast road. First hill 2 CycleWays guys took off and I kept to my own pace. Same situation for next few hills. Thought we were done when we got to the shop but little did I know that you can turn right there and there's another hill up there. I thought I knew all the routes in Howth.

Was thinking we're surely done now but we went down to the church, swung a left, and went back up another hill and boy was that tough. Nice gradient of maybe 8-10% I rekon in one part but short thank God. I ended up I think at Kilbarrack Lane if memory serves me right. Had lost everyone bar one guy on a mountain bike. Really nice guy. Got chatting to him on the way back and he happened to live in Finglas also. Apparently, he has a carbon roadbike 20 years old. First ever all carbon Trek bike. Would love to see photos of it so if you're reading this Richard, pls post up some photos.

Link to ride on ridewithGPS below. Good prep for TT next week.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/84991/

PS: Thanks to Cork guy who gave me water bottle. Left mine at home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I did that exact route with them last Wednesday. The fella with the cool mountain bike also came. The cycleway lads were at a completely different pace then me but I just went at a speed I was comfortable with. All sound fellas and the girl was also very nice.. :D I'll join them again for this spin soon.

Advertisement