Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear Router - Restore factory settings

Options
  • 11-08-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Long story short, lost password for Netgear Router.

I have pressed the reset button at the back of the router. When I enter 192.168.1.1 or 0.1, it requires a username and password. When I enter admin and password it is not accepting it as it just requests it again.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm not very techy, so please keep it simple. Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Long story short, lost password for Netgear Router.

I have pressed the reset button at the back of the router. When I enter 192.168.1.1 or 0.1, it requires a username and password. When I enter admin and password it is not accepting it as it just requests it again.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm not very techy, so please keep it simple. Cheers

Did you try admin and admin? Also it is usually necessary to hold the reset button in for a little while - usually the lights flash together when it has reset.

The user manual should be available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Yes, I kept the reset button pressed in until the lights started flashing.

It's a DG834G, yes, I have the manual and the default is admin and password. But getting nowhere fast.

Advertisement