Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD repair

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭

So I borked my HD. Was adjusting something in the case and my elbow slipped and tugged on a wire which pulled the sata down on the connecter on the back of the HD which broke the plastic piece supporting the pins. Here's a pic

imag0004hx.jpg

Just wondering is there any way of fixing it or will I just toss her in the ole scrap heap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Get yourself an old fashion *wooden* clothes peg, and use it to gently nudge the pins back into alignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What size is the HD?

Anything worth saving on it?

Personally I would solder wires to the pins, Apply hot glue for stability and solder up a new head, you could also cut a sata cable and solder it directly to the pins.

Maybe this is just the route i would go because i can solder!

you could also try super glue the bit that broke off back on (I presume its stuck in the cable or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You could possibly fix it, but I wouldn't trust it storing data. Anyways a 1TB sata is only about 50 odd quid now

Advertisement