Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd Sign Bebe

• 11-08-2010 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭

Man Utd Sign Bebe.

Manchester United have pulled off another surprise transfer coup by signing Portuguese striker Bebe - heading off interest from rivals Real Madrid.

The 20-year-old is regarded as one of the best young talents in Portuguese football and United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has quickly made his move after being tipped off by former coach Carlos Queiroz.

The fee is believed to be in the region of £7m.

Bebe only joined Vitoria Guimaraes in January but has caught the eye with a glut of goals. He is 6ft 3ins tall, good in the air, quick and has a strong right foot.

Ferguson is believed to have met the player for the first time on Tuesday, when he flew to Portugal to be a witness for Queiroz in a disciplinary case with the Portuguese football federation.

Ferguson, who has also been linked again with a renewed move for Werder Bremen's Mesut Ozil, hopes Bebe can have an even greater impact than young Mexican Javier Hernandez.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I'd say Diouf is glad he went on loan.To be honest never heard of this lad.

Bebe Ruth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yep, there's some great parodies for various songs being written in the United thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

At least ten pages about it in the United thread.:pac:

Don't have a clue about him, tbh. Hopefully he turns out as a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Are you serious?
    Yes... Shockingly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

From wikipedia:rolleyes:
    Manchester United
    On 11 August 2010 Bébé signed for Manchester United for an undisclosed fee, reported to be around £7.4 million.United paid out Bébé's buyout clause in his contract with Guimarães to secure his services. This came only 5 weeks after Bébé had signed for Guimarães. Bébé was recommended to Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson by Portugal national team coach Carlos Queiroz, Ferguson's former assistant. He's signed a 5 year contract with Man Utd which includes 500 cans of baked beans and 300 nights on Patrice Evra's couch.
    International career

Despite not representing Portugal at full redcafe international level, Bébé has represented Portugal at the Homeless World Cup.
    Personal life

Bébé, as he is known, was raised in an orphanage having spent part of his childhood living on the streets. He is a practicing Buddhist and claims that without it he wouldn't be alive ok stop being horrible nowtoday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why does this thread exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

signing an unknown 5th/6th choice striker for 7.5m when one of the best young attacking midfielders in Europe (a position United are crying out for) is available for marginally more, seems absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

plonk wrote: »
    From wikipedia:rolleyes:
    Haha!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Why does this thread exist?

Why wouldn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it?
    I'd answer this but the answer will be lost on you, so I won't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Why wouldn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

in fairness, big transfers often get their own thread-although this isn't a big transfer per say, i expect it to generate a lot of discussion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Fergie certainly knows his own mind :) Can't see him featuring much this season (if at all, if loaned), unless Utd move to an Ossie Ardiles, 2-3-5 formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Mr Alan wrote: »
    signing an unknown 5th/6th choice striker for 7.5m when one of the best young attacking midfielders in Europe (a position United are crying out for) is available for marginally more, seems absolutely ridiculous.

There's just no sense to it for me right now. Totally confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I know I posted similar in the United thread but all I can think is that we have £7 million pound less to buy a midfielder.

Bizarre signing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

United have enough whingers at the club without another baby :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

It does seem a bit ridiculous, but given that Madrid were supposedly interested in him, maybe the lad has something about him.

Too early to make any judgements. Plus this signing does not necessarily mean that signing a midfielder is off the table. Although I'm not sure Ferguson is as concerned about midfield as everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

The thread you are both talking about is a GOSSIP/RUMOURS

this is a FACTUAL TRANSFER thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Voltwad wrote: »
    United have enough whingers at the club without another baby :pac:

Luckily United have a nani to look after him while the mame is in blackburn.

Seriously these jokes were done a dozen pages ago in the united thread, and will be repeated dozens of times as the thread moves along at a booming speed. Its like rooney was sold rather than a player being signed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd imagine these 2 transfers have no bearing on each other. United may still sign Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Luckily United have a nani to look after him while the mame is in blackburn.

Seriously these jokes were done a dozen pages ago in the united thread, and will be repeated dozens of times as the thread moves along at a booming speed. Its like rooney was sold rather than a player being signed!
    I tend not to venture into the abyss too often but those were decent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The thread you are both talking about is a GOSSIP/RUMOURS

this is a FACTUAL TRANSFER thread.

You forgot to mention " team talk " in that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

This can be discussed in the main United thread thanks.

Seems very bizarre to me, but still not worthy of an individual thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement