Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry on Meteor Payg

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭

Just got one of these (a Bold 9000) unlocked, just wondering will all functions work on Meteor Payg? Or will Blackberry E-mail still not work?

Just use the 99c a day data add on as I don't use data every day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The blackberry functions will not work, its standard across the networks, you need to pay for the BIS plan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can I still use data on it though? For using Hotmail mobile / Skype etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye, just download opera mini onto it, and browse away. Using im not sure, you couldn't last time i checked. You will get round it someway with another app, just dont think there is an official skype one yet.

There is an app on the BB apps service, will i not be able to download these though?

Have this up for sale on ebay at the moment, have an e63 and need two phones so might just buy another one of these, do people think it would be better than a Blackberry if I'm sticking with payg? Skype is a necessity as I live abroad! (use it mainly through wifi)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

BlackBerry is not a supported Meteor phone.
    The push settings won't work, the email on your homepage won't be configured etc etc.

You can still use WiFi sure, but you'll be missing out on all the real gems that come with buying Blackberry.

Will the 3g work does anyone know? And what about apps like skype? Trying to figure out before I open it!

Advertisement