Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any1 manage to change consultants? - coombe

• 11-08-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has managed to change consultants in the Coombe - I have only had my booking appointment, no consultants appointment, but have discovered that I could be attending an outreach consultant clinic nearer to home but was not told about it when making my booking appointment. no apparently it is impossible - I thought it would just mean changing where the file was stored!
    Anyone manage to do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Are you private, semi-p or public?? I'd say that depends on it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

public

Shouldn't be a problem to change really then. You don't have to attend the sattelite clinics if you do not want to, just ring the booking office and tell them you'd prefer to attend the hospital for all appointments if possible. I was public and attended under Dr. Von Banau and he was amazing.

I want to change to a satellite clinic and they are saying no way, i have already made my choice.

Oh sorry got your post backwards!! Are you in the catchment area for the clinic?

• Advertisement

yeah. apparently because i did not know i should have made my first appointment in Naas I have made my, uninformed, choice and am stuck with it

Did you ring Naas and try and "book in" again?? I got an appointment with the Coombe the week after I rang them (I was further along in the pregnancy, nearly 24 weeks at first appt... so maybe they could accommodate you? If you haven't tried it already). Bit of a pain in the ass having to travel all the way from Kildare for appointments! I had to travel from Dublin 11 and even I hated that!!!

Advertisement