Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - New Phone Rate from Lite to Billpay plans

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Has anyone moved from one of the Bill pay lite plans to a 12 or 18 month bill pay contract

If so - was it treated like an upgrade (as per contract bill pay) or were you dealt with as a new bill pay customer moving from Pay as you go or - for the price of the handset?

ie would it work out cheaper coming from PAYG or Bill pay lite (or another network as the case may be) if getting a new handset & associated contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭jlang

I'm getting around to doing it. (spoken to the reps in Meteor and CPW but haven't finalised my phone choice yet - thinking Galaxy). Both said you are effectively starting a new contract rather than an upgrade.

In Carphone Warehouse they ended up recommending I do it in a Meteor shop because CPW could only get me to start my 30 day notice period to end my current Lite contract, then they'd move me to pre-pay and then immediately start the long contract while Meteor might be able to skip the 30 days and just transfer to a "proper" contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Gurlzie1

Signed up on to Smart 35 from Bill Pay Lite 30 with Meteor last week, all I had to do was choose the phone I signed a contract for 12 mths and was on the new plan straight away. You don't have to go back to prepay after being on a 30 day contract with Meteor before you can change to a 12 or 18 mth contract.

Advertisement