Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Predator G7750??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Will this sound card fit on those configs:

-Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Soundcard - Retail Boxed

Also, I'm in two minds about getting a Blu Ray. Think I might as I'm getting a 3D screen.

Can you suggest a good wireless card? A USB one or internal?

Think I'm nearly set.

Also getting:

Acer GD245HQ / 24 inch / 120Hz / 3D / Widescreen / LCD / Monitor

Logitech G19 or G15 keyboard - not sure yet. Heard there are loads of problems with the G19.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I have the XtremeGamer myself, and I like it a lot. For it to fit, we need to know what motherboard you've decided on. That'll tell us how many slots are available and where, etc.

If you're getting the X58-UD3R, then yes, the bottom-most PCI slot will fit it, meaning you'll either need to get a PCI-Ex1 wireless card, or a USB one, as you won't have any PCI slots left.

I really don't know which is better (USB or internal). I think it's your personal setup. With me, a card doesn't work so well because my router is quite far away, so it's blocked on two sides by a wall and the case (the router is to the side), so a USB one works for me, because I can just stick it in the side of my monitor, meaning it can pick up a lot more signal there.

Well, as I know absolutely nothing I was letting u guys pick the configuration for me. The ones u posted look pretty solid-I hope. The main purpose of this rig is gaming. I'm kind of hoping u can tell me which parts and then I'll buy them.

Things I want:

Savage graphics
    Fast processor that I can overclock
    HDMI
    USB 3.0 & every other port

Basically, pretty much everything you've built.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

A single 480 will max out everything now, and probably give you very good FPS in Crysis 2 as well. You can always pick up a second one if you want it.

Your processor, with a good cooler, will get to 4.0GHz easy, and it's very quick.

Graphics cards will come with HDMI adapters/cables/whatever.

Motherboard doesn't have USB 3.0 or SATA 6Gb/s. You can get one if you want, but I don't see a whole lot of use for it. No single SSD uses all of SATA2's bandwidth, and get a firewire drive if you want something faster than USB 2.0. :P

Edit: Apparently the X58A-UD3R has USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s, if you want it.

What do u think of this case:

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/phantom

Will it hold everything and future upgrades? ie a second graphics card etc?

• Advertisement
Advertisement