Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit union top up loan?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi there
    can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting a top up loan on the one i already have out
    I have a good track record with them-i took out a loan of 5k approx 8 years ago paying back 60euor per week, then topped it up with another 5k 3 years later, then 3 years ago topped up again with another 5k paying back 80euro per week. I also took the payment protection out every time along with the loans.
    My loan is now down to approx 5k and my savings are approx 2k.
    Out of the 80 per week they are putting 5 or 10 euro per week into my savings, my payments were always done direct debit so i have never missed a payment.
    I have heard they are gone quiet strict since the recession though but i really want to borrow maybe 5 or 6k again for home improvements.
    I work part time and also have one parent family payment and fis.
    My circumstances are still the same as they were when i got my first loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I dont see you having a problem. Once you have a good track record you should get the extra money as its for home improvments. After all the Credit Union wont be making money if its not lending.

Advertisement