Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera for technophobe

• 12-08-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Any recommendations ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

What budget, do you have a genre in mind, do you want to be a snapper, enthusiast, or commercial photographer?

As for technophobe, point and shoot mode will give you results from day 1 but if you have imagination and want to achieve a particular result you'll have to learn the technique, ie, technology. Don't be put off though, learn step by step at your own pace, vary one thing at a time and see what happens, it's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mattfinucane

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. It's for my old man and he wants something that's simple to use. I have my trusty Nikon D200 to work with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

Any recommendations ?

Panasonic have very good full auto mode (iA). TZ series
    compact point & shoot and FZ series bridge cameras.
    They also allow manual control in case your dad is less
    of a technophobe than you thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

From what I posted on another thread;
    Not being smart but, first try read the first 5 or six entries in the thread entitled FAQs - Read this before posting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    From what I posted on another thread;

Can we start locking these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

charybdis wrote: »

"we?" I never knew I had that power ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mattfinucane

charybdis wrote: »