Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange redirect on google results for irishisptest.com

• 12-08-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Only my 2nd posting here so go easy on me!

Anyone noticed a strange redirect when you try to go to the www-dot-irishisptest-dot-com site? The redirect is to myfilestore-dot-com. Do a google search for "irishisptest", the second result is for www-dot-irishisptest-dot-com/myspeed.php. The first time you click the link in IE, you get redirected to the myfilestore-dot-com site. Click the back button to go back to the google search results, click the same link again, and this time the correct page opens on the www-dot-irishisptest-dot-com site.

Some javascript URL unpacker is up to no good here... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Only my 2nd posting here so go easy on me!

Anyone noticed a strange redirect when you try to go to the www-dot-irishisptest-dot-com site? The redirect is to myfilestore-dot-com. Do a google search for "irishisptest", the second result is for www-dot-irishisptest-dot-com/myspeed.php. The first time you click the link in IE, you get redirected to the myfilestore-dot-com site. Click the back button to go back to the google search results, click the same link again, and this time the correct page opens on the www-dot-irishisptest-dot-com site.

Some javascript URL unpacker is up to no good here... :mad:

First off, Welcome to boards.ie!!!

Just checked there and you do indeed get redirected to myfilestore.com, upon inspection.

'File with specified ID not found. It may have been removed for breaking the rules.'

My guess is the site use's 'Myfilestore' as some sort of storage site, Whatever they are trying to store is either against there rules or labelled incorrectly.

Also the fact that it is a speed-test may have something to do with it.

You can always try Speedtest.net or Upc Ireland speedtest

Advertisement