Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student travel grant

Options
  • 12-08-2010 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Does anybody know if there is a grant available to help with travel expenses...not the normal higher education/local authority grant.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Not that I am aware of. Only thing is to get the Student Travelcard which will help you get cheaper bus and rail tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

I know im digging this from the grave sorry, but i travel from kildare to ucd every day, and wondering am i eligible for some sort of grant? my mum told me i wasnt last year so i never bothered to check, but my friend told me i was most likely eligible for some sort of travel grant? My ride is an 1.45 hours each day, can someone direct me to some sort of link if i am able? :D thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

muffinz wrote: »
    I know im digging this from the grave sorry, but i travel from kildare to ucd every day, and wondering am i eligible for some sort of grant? my mum told me i wasnt last year so i never bothered to check, but my friend told me i was most likely eligible for some sort of travel grant? My ride is an 1.45 hours each day, can someone direct me to some sort of link if i am able? :D thanks!
    Check out your eligibility for a local authority grant from Kildare Co Council. If you get no luck there, there are a couple of UCD funds that might be helpful: http://www.ucd.ie/foundation/giftsinaction/grantawards2010/

Advertisement