Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curries Repair Policy

• 12-08-2010 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey all, my current laptop is giving a little trouble and i have insurance with curries, but my question is.

If I were to hand it in for repair how long would I be waiting to get it back?

Hopefully some of ye have had some experience with their service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Had with PC world. Think they are in the same group. Laptop was sent to a third party in England to be repaired. Took about three weeks and was never the same again

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Had with PC world. Think they are in the same group. Laptop was sent to a third party in England to be repaired. Took about three weeks and was never the same again

Good/Bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

i've just sent my HP of to the tech guys once more....
    this is now the 5th time. have all the important stuff backed up but i have everything crossed that i get a credit note... awful crowd to deal with

ps got mine from pc world, i think curries, dixons & pc world are all under the same umbrella

blaze1 wrote: »
    i've just sent my HP of to the tech guys once more....
    this is now the 5th time. have all the important stuff backed up but i have everything crossed that i get a credit note... awful crowd to deal with

ps got mine from pc world, i think curries, dixons & pc world are all under the same umbrella

ok try and sell it off and include the insurance as a benefit.

Is "accidental" damage covered in your policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

And next time buy a Dell *donning flame proof suit* the whole fixing process would be a lot quicker if you buy small business and spend €70 on pro support, they will come out next business day and fix onsite!

• Advertisement

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    ok try and sell it off and include the insurance as a benefit.

Is "accidental" damage covered in your policy?

i think it is alrite, but i cant imagine trying to deal with them on this matter.
    the first time i sent it back as the screen wasnt working they sent it back saying it was working fine eek:

blaze1 wrote: »
    i think it is alrite, but i cant imagine trying to deal with them on this matter.
    the first time i sent it back as the screen wasnt working they sent it back saying it was working fine eek:

Well my issues are to do with the laptop crashing and i have the crash dumps as proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Cut your losses ,awful to deal with .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    Well my issues are to do with the laptop crashing and i have the crash dumps as proof

Have you had a look at the crash dumps themselves to figure them out?

Pcworld/currys ect will just wipe the machine to default then restore your data. They don't(are not allowed) do any sort of analysis or testing. This is done by shipping the laptop to their repair depot in England. This can take 2+ weeks. From what I have heard this can be pretty hit and miss to them actually trying to find something wrong with it.

Have you had a look at the crash dumps themselves to figure them out?

Pcworld/currys ect will just wipe the machine to default then restore your data. They don't(are not allowed) do any sort of analysis or testing. This is done by shipping the laptop to their repair depot in England. This can take 2+ weeks. From what I have heard this can be pretty hit and miss to them actually trying to find something wrong with it.

Yeah the cause of the crashes seems to be "ntoskrnl.exe", but i dunno what it even is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Here is some info on that error

yay got the laptop back today... all checks showing working fine.

woop woop

Advertisement