Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Guy in Bondi

Options
  • 12-08-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Just a wee quick query, having spent some time in Bondi 2003/2004... I remember a old guy homeless (not the cave man in Bondi) who I got to know. He was a shy man and quite nervous, almost embarassed to take any gratitude from you and very grateful at the same time. He used to carry alot of plastic bags rolled together with his sleeping bag etc. he slept alot in doorways around Bondi Rd. He used to wear a long black jacket and had black beard and hair and quite a gaunt face.

I thought of him today, and wondered if he is still around are anyone recall him recently. I hope he is still doing ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

The homeless cave man you you mentioned also known as Jimmy-two-hats is no longer there, he is charged and on remand for Raping someone.

mhiyles-200x0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

dave_brent wrote: »
    Just a wee quick query, having spent some time in Bondi 2003/2004... I remember a old guy homeless (not the cave man in Bondi) who I got to know. He was a shy man and quite nervous, almost embarassed to take any gratitude from you and very grateful at the same time. He used to carry alot of plastic bags rolled together with his sleeping bag etc. he slept alot in doorways around Bondi Rd. He used to wear a long black jacket and had black beard and hair and quite a gaunt face.

I thought of him today, and wondered if he is still around are anyone recall him recently. I hope he is still doing ok.

How thoughtful of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

mandrake04 wrote: »
    The homeless cave man you you mentioned also known as Jimmy-two-hats is no longer there, he is charged and on remand for Raping someone.

mhiyles-200x0.jpg

How thoughtful of you smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

dave_brent wrote: »

Still OK... sounds like he was not great in 2003. Quite frankly things could have only really have got better.

However we will see what turns up.

Do any of us reside near Bondi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Still OK... sounds like he was not great in 2003. Quite frankly things could have only really have got better.

However we will see what turns up.

Do any of us reside near Bondi?

I think Mellor lives near Bondi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think Mellor lives near Bondi.

I do. ;)
    (strictly speaking it's the next suberb over)

there are two homeless regulars that I see about one lives under the highway/bridge and the other hangs around by the train station. Based on your discription neither of these are the guy you knew, or else his manner changed a lot, which is very possible i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

mhiyles-200x0.jpg

He didn'r happen to call himself 'Beautiful All' did he?

And the other homeless chap in the OP, did he play a guitar with Slaine carved into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

mhiyles-200x0.jpg

its not this guy... He was always wearing a long full length black jacket and had dark hair and dark beard...

Advertisement