Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pup sold as IKC reg but no papers over 3 months later

Options
  • 12-08-2010 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I would call down to the breeder and ask them exactly whats going on or ring them back and tell them you are going to contact the IKC and see whats going on. It shouldnt take 3 months to get papers and the papers are posted out to the breeder, they dont have to collect them so that is a lie that they are telling you.

Did you see the parents papers when you went to the breeders house to see the pups? Where did you find the breeder?

I would tell them you want to show the dog and you need the papers asap to be able to register the dog so you can show it.
    I would not let them fob you off anymore and i really hope you havent been conned...

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Doesn't sound too promising :( If it were me, I would maybe contact the breeder who owns your puppy's sire & ask their advice. If they are a reputable breeder I am sure they would not be too happy to know that other breeders are using their dog for stud but not registering the puppies. Perhaps they would then be able to contact the IKC & make further enquiries there?

I would always be very wary of any breeder who offers registered pups but doesn't have the paperwork. On the (3) occasions I have bought registered pups the litter was registered at birth & I received full papers with the puppies. It was then just a case of applying to the Kennel Club to have the puppy re-registered in my name & to register a new name for the pup if I wished to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I would do as suggested above, give the sire's owner a call and have a word.
    Did you see the mother and fathers papers(or at least photocopy of them)?
    Honestly I think you won't get the papers now, 3 months is a long time.
    When I got my older dog his breeder didn't have the papers back, but she gave me copies of both parents papers and health tests, as well as the microchip details for my pup, and text'd me daily until they arrived. (5 days after I got him)
    You can also contact the IKC and ask if the litter was registered yet, you need the sire and dam names, as well as the breeder. Don't know how helpful they'll be but worth a try.

I trusted the breeder as I had been in touch with her since my pup was 5 weeks(found her through the breed club), she gave updates sent pic's and gave me loads of advice, and I still talk to her occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

andreac wrote: »
    tell them you are going to contact the IKC and see whats going on.

Was in a similar situation about 10 years ago, had no problem getting one set of papers but the owner of the sire kept coming up with excuses as to not being able to find the papers even though he had already collected his pick of the litter.
    Contacted the IKC and gave them the details of the sire owner, his address and registered name of his dog and they refused to help as it was up to the guy who I got the pup off to ensure the paperwork was available(even though i was in his presence during numerous phone calls to the sire owner looking for his paperwork).
    This guy is still at his tricks and as far as I can see the IKC will gladly take your money but have no back bone when it comes to telling guys they are bringing the organisation into disrepute.

Advertisement