Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Sony DSC-T7 (May or may not work)

• 12-08-2010 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

As a result of my job every now and again customers will drop stuff into us. Sometimes they are trading up to something new and other times their gear doesn't work anymore. I've asked one of the shops in particular to keep an eye out on any photography gear that may get dropped into them and just the other day they handed me a Sony DSC-T7. It looks to be in excellent condition with only a slight bit of wear to the front, it still has all the Sony stickers plastered over it. There is a battery but no charger or memory card. Looking at ebay a battery and charger runs at about €20 from Hong Kong.

It may or may not work but for €20 it has to be worth giving it a go. Worst comes to worst you can just sell your bits and pieces again on eBay or Adverts. So rather than just giving it away to any old person I would like that it went to a forum regular. If there is more than one person interested I'll put the names into a hat and the first one out gets the camera.

I previously received a Lowepro compact case which was given away to a forum user:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055856805

Mods is this cool with you? If not do you have any suggestion as to how to go about this?

41GG9H8887L._digital-camera_.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Our little ones love messing about with cameras, I have an old fuji that they use but often fight over.

if no one else bites I'd happily take it to give to them.

I've found a charger for it on the bay -

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Battery-Charger-SONY-Cyber-shot-DSC-T7-T7-B-NP-FE1-/150467753810?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3

That will cost about €15 total inc P&P.

One problem though, it says in the specs it only takes Memory stick duo or Memory stick pro duo - one of those cases where Sony shot themselves in the foot. I have a Memory stick duo card in my old PSP so could use that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Grand so, name is in the hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'll trow my name in the hat too.. Could do with it for my neice :) also have a few PSP MSPD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Would love to be included in the hat thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

Put my name down as well, Happy Snapper :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

me aswell, sure why not ? Hope its more robust than my last one. :D

(not a regular poster, but a regular lurker for sure)

billbond4 wrote: »
    Put my name down as well, Happy Snapper :-)

I just looked back through your last 100 posts and there is one post in this forum apart from the above so I'm afraid you're ruled out.
    mp3kid wrote: »
    me aswell, sure why not ? Hope its more robust than my last one. :D

(not a regular poster, but a regular lurker for sure)

Same goes for you kiddo. Looked back through all of your posts and you've never posted in the photography forum apart from the post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

I'll put my name in the hat too (for my 11yo) previously had a Sony DSC-W1 which well, just lets say got broken... I have a charger, duo stick etc so this would be a very welcome replacement. Generous offer btw. (I'll still need to get a charger as the DSC used 2 rechargeable AA)

Congrats
    Sleepy
    . Send me on a PM and we'll arrange something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

damn....

would have liked to have thrown my name into the hat :(

grrrr for being away all day :(

• Advertisement

Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Congrat's :)

New charger and memory card came to less than a tenner on ebay and I got a spare battery thrown in for that.

It works! :D

Will upload some pics when I get a chance :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Sleepy wrote: »
    New charger and memory card came to less than a tenner on ebay and I got a spare battery thrown in for that.

It works! :D

Will upload some pics when I get a chance :D

Nice one :D

Still annoyed I missed this draw :P

I'm off to Eastern Europe tomorrow and this is coming with me as a backup for evenings in the pub etc. so should get a few decent shots to test the camera whilst strolling around town then etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm off on a charity cycle to Chernobyl to meet kids with 2 heads and then using a wheelchair to get to a Romanian orphange to put my self in stocks so that they can throw rotten fruit and veg at me (ofc we're struggling to find fresh rotting fruit & Veg) and then finally off to Afghanistan to bring chalk over to the schools who tragically have to use green paddy power bookie pens due to lack of said chalk.
    I'd like 3 of these cameras and I'm prepared since I'm a latecomer to the thread to only throw my name in twice.

Advertisement