Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got my HD PVR...

Options
  • 12-08-2010 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi lads,..

just received my Hauppauge HD PVR and wanted to know if anyone had some beginner / tutorials for video editing .. found a couple of youtube and google ... but they were a bit vague and didnt go into the basic's too much.

any help appreciated ...

i'd probably be using Sony Vegas .... or i might get that Video Pad Pro ... is there a trial version?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Depends on what you want to do.

Will you be doing walktrhoughs / commentaries or montages and stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

Hi Tallon,

i'd probably be doing the odd montage ... just building up some clips at the moment ... and will probably be doing some commentary's as well.

is there certain settings in Sony Vegas' that i should change to ensure i have the correct levels in audio etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Nah, your audio should be ok, theres no real sound levels you need to mess with other than making sure there's not too much gain and it doesnt sound fuzzy, but that will be down to the mic you use and how close to it you are.

As for video editing, there are too much to list, especially when it comes to montages. Again, it all depends on what style you want and how much time your willing to put in

What videos do you like the look of on youtube editing wise?

Post them here and I'll trry help you out as much as possible :)

Advertisement