Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mede8er Full HD Networked Media Tank on iBood

• 12-08-2010 8:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Decent offer on Ibood.
    Looks like it has the lot. Any opinions?
    Mede8er Full HD Networked Media Tank with the new Realtek Chipset « Back

• Brand: Mede8er
    • Type: MED500X
    • Processor: New Realtek 1073 DD+ - 128MB SPI Flash - 128MB DDR2 SDRAM
    • USB 2.0 Slave (for direct data transfer from a PC)
    • Built-in SD, Sony PRO DUO card reader
    • Samba server
    • NAS (networked attached storage) functionality
    • Network - Ethernet 10/100 Mbps - Streaming MAX Samba 26Mbps / NFS 36Mbps
    • Achievable Streaming G router - Samba 12Mbps - NFS 18 Mbps @ 1m – unprotected
    • Achievable Streaming N router - Samba 14Mbps - NFS 22 Mbps @ 1m – unprotected
    • UPNP streaming server
    • Integrated NFS-client
    • Option for 3,5”SATA hard disc up to 2 TB
    • Built-in 40mm silent fan
    • Screensaver
    • Copying files: memory card, USB, hard disc and network
    • JPEG preview feature
    • Internet Radio (SHOUTcast)
    • Firmware and technical support from the Mede8er team
    • Optional WiFi (802.11b/g/n)
    • Connectivity: HDMI v1.3 (up to 1080p), Component Video, Composite Video, Stereo Analogue Audio, S/PDIF Coaxial Digital Audio, Optical Digital Audio, 2x USB 2.0 host, 1x USB 2.0 Slave,
    • Video output resolution: NTSC, PAL, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p24hz
    • Video codecs: MKV, H264, DVD (VOB - IFO - ISO), DIVX, XVID, DAT, AVI, MPEG, HD MPEG-2, TS, HD MPEG-4, SP, ASP, AVCD (H.264), MTS, M2ts, WMV9, FLV, VC-1, Real Networks (RM/RMVB) 8/9/10, up to 720p
    • Audio codecs: MP3, MP2, OGG Vorbis, PCM, LPCM, AAC, RA, DTS-HD, Dolby-TrueHD, Dolby AC3 Passthrough, Dolby AC3 Downmix, DTS Passthrough, DTS Downmix, FLAC up to 24bit 96Khz, WAV, WMA Standard (DRM, & Advanced Profile not supported), HD Audio support
    • File System supported: FAT32, NTFS - UI Format Feature
    • Image formats: JPEG, BMP
    • Subtitle Formats: SRT, SSA, SUB, SMI format
    • Included accessories: Power cable, Remote control, 2x AA batteries, Quick Start manual in English, Travel bag, Cables: AV, HDMI, USB, Component, USB extension
    • Dimensions: 289x169x242 mm
    • EU product: UK plug included
    • Delivery time: If you order before 12:00 it will be send today, after 12:00 it is 4 to 7 working days
    • Weight: 1.8 kgs
    • Legal warranty: 2 years
    • Discuss this Product >>
    Price: € 129,95

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just saw this too lads, well got the e-mail! Any feedback would be appreciated. I am currently using this - http://www.iboum.com/pr/med85015.php

I like it a lot but it there is no way for my laptop to see a HDD connected to the unit and to transfer files over. I have to plug in and out of laptop everytime to transfer anything :-(

Edit: Just found the attached on www.mpcclub.com. Seems to be a pretty thorough review....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I have that one from Aldi also. Its a very very nice box.

I dont know if this unit will windows share out the attached HDD/USB Drive.

But the WD Live TV media player definitely does allow this.

Hi almighty1,
    From reading the review that the mpcclub guys did it seems with the internal HDD its definitely possible to share it out so that the laptop say could see it. They alse have a section about copying files and it looks like you can copy between any variety of sources there??

Found another long review here - http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Mede8er_Review_Jasmin_Custovic_Nani_Croatian.pdf

Hi all,
    Got this yesterday. I like it, very quick in menus etc and has played everything I have thrown at it so far. HDMI cable came included with it and a nice remote as well as carrying bag!

NAS\Samba not working properly so a bit bummed about that but its supposed to be fixed with a firmware update!

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement