Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Mobile Broadband

• 12-08-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I just want to vent.

"Internet in your pocket" my ass. Unreliable "56k modem in your pocket" maybe.

This thing is a piece of crap. I mean its better than nothing but I'm amazed at how slow it is. Most of the time it seems to be DNS issues as you can spend a full minute trying to resolve a host, but its also super flakey, dropping in and out. Firefox regularly times out trying to pull pages with this useless thing.

I'm using it in the god damn university town of Maynooth. Coverage should be (and supposedly is) good here!

Damn you Meteor and your false advertising.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They never guarantee anything. Also, coverage doesn't mean you get connected. It doesn't work that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭a_l_a_n

jor el wrote: »
    They never guarantee anything. Also, coverage doesn't mean you get connected. It doesn't work that way.
    Oh I realise they will have their asses covered by small print, but their marketing clearly states that it is not only capable of connecting to the Internet, but also quick!
    All you need is a super speedy broadband stick ...
    Super fast speeds
    They should put something more like this on their website:
    $ ping www.meteor.ie
    PING www.meteor.ie (212.129.64.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
    ^C
    --- www.meteor.ie ping statistics ---
    195 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 194388ms

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kriebie

a_l_a_n wrote: »
    They should put something more like this on their website:
    $ ping www.meteor.ie
    PING www.meteor.ie (212.129.64.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
    ^C
    --- www.meteor.ie ping statistics ---
    195 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 194388ms

:)

Try pinging a different website. My ping requests to www.meteor.ie also time out, although I am on O2. May be their site is blocking ping requests altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Advertisement