Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth By Sleep In Ireland

Options
  • 12-08-2010 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Will the english version of Kingdom Hearts:Birth By Sleep be available in GAME and GameStop in Ireland?Or maybe even the SE?
    KHBBS-collector-2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Game will have it. Haven't seen many pre-orders come through, so there probably won't be too many copies floating about.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

Notorious wrote: »
    Game will have it. Haven't seen many pre-orders come through, so there probably won't be too many copies floating about.
    So there isn't a huge market for KH games in Ireland?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's more there isn't a huge market for PSP games.

Yes thats true but people are going to buy a psp especially for this game.

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    Yes thats true but people are going to buy a psp especially for this game.

I doubt it. It'd be rare that people would shell out so much money for the one game. It seems like the PSP is mainly popular among young guys (10-16yrs), based on who I see buying games. I've never seen a PSP Go being sold in the shop and any that the store did have in stock were changed to pre-owned consoles after a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's more there isn't a huge market for PSP games.
    That's true for the vast majority of PSP games, but Square Enix games seem to be the exception. Usually PSP games don't chart in the Top 40 in the UK but both Crisis Core and Dissidia managed to reach at least the Top 20 if not the Top 10 the week of release if I remember correctly. I would imagine the market here would be somewhat similar.

When Crisis Core and Dissidia were released here there were a ton of copies in GameStop so I wouldn't worry about finding a copy in stores. I would suggest getting it from the PSN Store but it hasn't been confirmed that Birth By Sleep will get a digital release so I guess that means it won't be getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I've never seen a PSP Go being sold in the shop and any that the store did have in stock were changed to pre-owned consoles after a few months.

Would that actually happen? I mean, would new consoles that have never been used but left on a shelf be simply changed to pre owned and lowered in price after a few months?

Would that actually happen? I mean, would new consoles that have never been used but left on a shelf be simply changed to pre owned and lowered in price after a few months?

It doesn't happen regularly with consoles to be honest. In the shop I work in only the psp go and some pink ps2's have been changed to pre-owned. It happens quite a lot with games though.

BBS won't be a psn release.Square enix are doubting any more of their releases on psn because 5.3 million copies of Dissidia were pirated.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    BBS won't be a psn release.Square enix are doubting any more of their releases on psn because 5.3 million copies of Dissidia were pirated.:(

How can you not release a PSP game on the PSN...wasnt that the whole point to the PSP GO? I assumed everything from here on would be also released on the PSN and eventually the discs would be done away with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PSP Go wasn't exactly a massive success and you can't charge over the odds for a special edition when it's digital download only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

carbonkid wrote: »
    How can you not release a PSP game on the PSN...wasnt that the whole point to the PSP GO? I assumed everything from here on would be also released on the PSN and eventually the discs would be done away with.
    The vast majority of new games are released on PSN but occasionally a game like BBS comes along, which as a Disney property has a much more complicated licensing agreement compared to your usual release. So unless Disney give the go ahead, no PSN release. I didn't get a PSN release in Japan anyways.

But hey, XSeed and Atlus USA are publishing their games on the EU PSN from now on so I can take having to buy the odd UMD.

Oh yeah, actually I heard on the ATB podcast that it's actually a licensing deal with Disney that is keeping it offline, Gothpunk is right. Disney don't like the idea of their properties going up for digital distribution apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It's a pity, no PSN release kinda screws over the KH fans who bought the PSP Go. All...two of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Man glad i went for 3000 instead of the GO version...thats a real kick in the teeth to anyone who forked out for the PSP GO.

Be interesting to see what the next PSP will be like. Probably a PSP GO with a UMD add-on...which you'll have to buy separately of course!

Rumours are it's a sony Eriksson Iphone competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There have a PSN symbol on the KH site, but there has been no word yet. i assume it's just the extra effort of creating stronger DRM for the game.

As long a KH3 has wolverine in it i'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It doesn't happen regularly with consoles to be honest. In the shop I work in only the psp go and some pink ps2's have been changed to pre-owned. It happens quite a lot with games though.

That really is stupid though.

Why not just leave it as brand new and lower the price? Makes the deal so much more attractive.

Varik wrote: »
    As long a KH3 has wolverine in it i'm happy.

...?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mr. K wrote: »
    ...?

Disney buy Marvel?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Disney buy Marvel?

I forgot about that! Goes to show what difference it's made, I remember people freaking out that Disney were gonna ruin Marvel!

Still, they might run out of ideas for KH worlds eventually; we know what will happen then!

Mr. K wrote: »
    I forgot about that! Goes to show what difference it's made, I remember people freaking out that Disney were gonna ruin Marvel!

Still, they might run out of ideas for KH worlds eventually; we know what will happen then!
    Ha Marvel!That's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Gamestop and Game both have the Limited Edition boxsets, seems to be just an art book rather than art book and soundtrack seen with Final Fantasy Dissidia,betting Gamestop will be the cheapest as Game seem to wack on the prices for things like this, I will post here if I find it on sale later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Limited Edition comes with a shiny boxart :), + was gonna get the standard edition instead of the limited but there both the same price in gamestop ...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NeoDelta

Just got the Special Edition in GameStop...same price as standard XD I paid and ran before anyone could notice. Kinda wierd but I aint complaining. Hmm It was shiny too.. woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

HMV have the special edition at €32 and the standard at €29.99, Game have the special edition at €34.99 and standard at €29.99, Gamestop have only the special edition for €40:mad:,Smyths have only the standard at €29.99 or €26.99 if you have a card.I also bought mine in Gamestop, so I feel you pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

been playing this for so long, havent even finished the main story once cos I've been playing the command board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

i was worried my local gamestop wouldn't have the special edition, so i ordered from Amazon :(

hope it arrives tomorrow, it's costing me 42 Euro with exchange p&p... oh well...

Advertisement