Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V Argentina

• 12-08-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Went to the game last night an decided to bring along the camera. Was in Row F. Great stadium and got a few snaps. Hard to get alot of good ones with heads bouncing in front of you. First time with soccer photos as my normal code is hurling of football.

4883228233_58f2c328e4.jpg

2. O'Shea sells Messi the dummy.
    4883834372_30c5de9358.jpg

4883840922_993aba6098.jpg

4883842896_15f40d9483.jpg

5. Little and Large
    4883844578_fa5dd6230c.jpg

4883845708_57dc9ab83f.jpg

4883857734_0a4b45c74b.jpg

4883862226_fdf7f962b4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Second shot is a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Woa @ Messi and Dunne shot. It looks photoshop'd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Love the first shot - Heinze moaning as usual!

Super colour in the shot too - nicely complimented by McShane's "Ginger complexion" :)

What kind of camera/lense did you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

These are excellent - I didnt realise average punter was allowed bring in DSLR?

Anyway I think these are super , #2 is classic you should send the to O Shea:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Trev M wrote: »
    These are excellent - I didnt realise average punter was allowed bring in DSLR?

Anyway I think these are super , #2 is classic you should send the to O Shea:D
    Jim wrote: »
    Woa @ Messi and Dunne shot. It looks photoshop'd!
    Love the first shot - Heinze moaning as usual!

Super colour in the shot too - nicely complimented by McShane's "Ginger complexion" :)

What kind of camera/lense did you use?

Trev M - Chanced my arm. 40D and my 300mm. I am sure the lads here in there at the sidelines will tell you.

Jim - No photoshop, just picassa for some cropping and the odd straighten.
    True to his nick name - Honey Monster

Tipperary Jim - he never stopped for the night. 40D and F4 300mm prime

Thanks for the comments guys. Anyone know's John O'Shea's email, I'll send it on!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Ya could post it on the official united forum:D

PS - Id watermark them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Banji

Nice photos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Fantastic photos.Well done!

What is the stadium like?

Much of an atmosphere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

This from outside the stadium

4885083112_f276cc4d25_o.jpg

also posted in random thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 Mr.Mond

Well done guys, really great shots...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Great shots, esp # 2. try Johnoshea@gmail.com :D:P [more than likely not his]

Re: Bringing dslr into stadiums - Before my dad got too crocked to go, I was going to the Kilkenny - Cork game with him, I asked him about Croker and cameras. he inquired and was told I'd be grand so long as I didn't interfere with anyone around me.

never got the chance anyhow, and I've only a plain zoom so probably wouldn't have gotten anything great. But cam in your bag going in and don't annoy anyone and you should be fine no?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Great shots, and fair play to you for bringing the camera, I would be very nervous of trying especially having to return to the car to put it away and then I would be worried IF the car got broken into :(

Dilynnio wrote: »
    Fantastic photos.Well done!

What is the stadium like?

Much of an atmosphere?

Stadium is fantastic. Atmosphere was typical of a friendly. I would imagine that an international cut and trust rugby or soccer match would be electric.

So use to going to Croke Park so the pitch looked tiny. But you have great views from all areas of the stadium.

This from outside the stadium

4885083112_f276cc4d25_o.jpg

also posted in random thread

Great shot Cambo.

A few observations from last night...
    I was in the East stand (8 from the top). My impression of the stadium (not the match) was very good generally. The view from high up was still impressive (though if unsteady on your feet, be careful with the steep steps and while walking along rows, peoples heads on row below are literally at your shins).
    I bought a 'gourmet burger' and a coke. The burger (€6.50) wasn't great (certainly not gourmet!) and bottle top from coke bottle was retained by seller, so you had to be careful of spilling your drink etc.
    Best thing is the roof overhang which stops pretty much all wind, I actually had to take my jacket off. Also, sound quality in the high area is amazing (not necessarily good), I could talk to my nephew at normal level, but I think people were intimidated by there own voices not being drowned out, weird. Atmosphere was ok, nothing to right home about. There were 45,200 at the match although I heard it was sold out. So a fair few didn't turn up, explains the blocks of empty seats around (probably corporately bought, shame)..
    Also, I never saw so many Stewart's in my life at the end of a match, I thought it was the Dutch army invading...

Dez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Very good shots if you were in the stands!

and €6.50 for a burger! They'd be turning in their graves in Dalymount!

Mr.Mond wrote: »
    A few observations from last night...
    I was in the East stand (8 from the top). My impression of the stadium (not the match) was very good generally. The view from high up was still impressive (though if unsteady on your feet, be careful with the steep steps and while walking along rows, peoples heads on row below are literally at your shins).
    I bought a 'gourmet burger' and a coke. The burger (€6.50) wasn't great (certainly not gourmet!) and bottle top from coke bottle was retained by seller, so you had to be careful of spilling your drink etc.
    Best thing is the roof overhang which stops pretty much all wind, I actually had to take my jacket off. Also, sound quality in the high area is amazing (not necessarily good), I could talk to my nephew at normal level, but I think people were intimidated by there own voices not being drowned out, weird. Atmosphere was ok, nothing to right home about. There were 45,200 at the match although I heard it was sold out. So a fair few didn't turn up, explains the blocks of empty seats around (probably corporately bought, shame)..
    Also, I never saw so many Stewart's in my life at the end of a match, I thought it was the Dutch army invading...

Dez

The bottle thing is ridiculous. No Cap's allowed. The reason being health and safety if they are thrown from the upper tier. A bottle thrown without a cap would still do as much damage. I have seen this happen in croker on two seperate occasions.

At one stage my camera bag was floating in several coke spillages from behind. Plenty of empty seats. Alot of the premium seats were empty.
    Didn't have the fortune to sample the gourmet delights. My sister was with me also and she was at the Utd. match and said food was not great.

Maybe that's why there was so many empty seats, they were for the Stewards!!! It seemed to be overkill on the numbers.

Jaysis, and I thought paying €4.50 for a hot dog at the Iron Maiden gig was extravagant :D

Jaysis, and I thought paying €4.50 for a hot dog at the Iron Maiden gig was extravagant :D

Ahh Cagey, was yours a 'Gourmet' Hot Dog?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Balfey1972 wrote: »
    The bottle thing is ridiculous. No Cap's allowed. The reason being health and safety if they are thrown from the upper tier. A bottle thrown without a cap would still do as much damage. I have seen this happen in croker on two seperate occasions.

As someone who works in the stadium, the whole idea of the bottlecaps rule is because a bottle with liquid in it will hurt more and hit harder than a bottle who's liquid has flown out of it by the time it hits someone!

That damn rule has destroyed my hands though and made an awful lot of people hate me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Maybe we should remove the petrol cap lids from cars.....not so many deaths then from lighter payloads, I mean some drivers are just so obese!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Odd how they retain bottle caps when you buy a drink in the stadium, yet you could walk in with hundreds of bottles in your bag, completely unchecked. In fact, one of my drinks was still largely solid after I had it in the freezer before the game, that could have done some damage!

Nice pictures OP.

Very good shots if you were in the stands!

and €6.50 for a burger! They'd be turning in their graves in Dalymount!

Those cool shots weren't mine!

These are some I took with my iphone, not great but gives an idea of the view..

Balfey1972 wrote: »
    Ahh Cagey, was yours a 'Gourmet' Hot Dog?

It could have been an actual dog in a bun I was so well oiled at the time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

Dunne's feet are behind Messi but his upper body looks on front :confused:

thefizz wrote: »
    Dunne's feet are behind Messi but his upper body looks on front :confused:

it's called zoom, he's using a 300mm lens..

Advertisement