Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rawr's 'Rawrtacular' Manga-ish Comics

• 12-08-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I've just posted this over on the comic's forum, but since this is manga-ish, I thought I'd post here as well. (Mods, please let me know if this isn't cool)

I've finally gotten around to launching a website for the odd scribblings I like to sometimes call 'my comics', which are sort of manga-ish.

I'm kinda curious of what my fellow boardsies think of them. Here's a taster:
    backoffice1-01.png

http://www.rawrtacular.com
    The site is in it's infancy (2 weeks up as of this post), so more is coming as well as another manga-ish comic series.

Enjoy! (I hope...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

There are good and amusing. I enjoyed reading them. I would like to see more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Rawr

There are good and amusing. I enjoyed reading them. I would like to see more.

Thank you Butterscotch :D. More is now up, and I hope to update weekly. I also have another 'manga-ish' comic in the pipes (with is a good bit more manga-like than Back-Office and has a bit of a Celtic theme to it).

FYI. A new chapter of Back Office is up right now.

http://www.rawrtacular.com

I was planning a launch of my Celtic 'manga' in the next week or so, but that has been pushed back a bit due to work re-doing a house.

I hope to have it up soon since the celtic one is the 'manga' that I've invested the most time and effort into, and would like people to see.

Anyways, please enjoy what's there.

This week's chapter of Back Office is now up! The link below directly links to it. I hope you enjoy!

http://rawrtacular.com/Gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=64

This week's Back Office is up!

http://rawrtacular.com/Gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=68

Sorry for the lower draw-quality this week. I've been really pinched time-wise thanks to work and fixing the house. Hope to fix that in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Hey everybody,

I thought I'd post a shameless bump here.
    Since last time I posted here, the website has had a massive re-build and no longer runs on Gallery 2 software (so please don't bother with the old links above).

I've now replaced it with a Comicpress blog with better navigation etc...
    My Manga-ish comic Back Office also went though a whole load of changes too, and went from being a joke-a-day strip to something that has a sort of plot to it.

Please have a read and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy.
    Here's the new link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Haha, the comic links in the original post is call centre work all over. ;D

Hello all!

I thought I'd just drop a quick update here since today marks the end of Back Office's first major story arc!

When I started this tread way back in 2010 I hadn't even considered making long story arcs for this comic, and now I've just come to the end of a 2 year story!

If you have time, please check out Back Office and let me know what you think!

KarenScreamComicracy.jpg

Also, if you have even more time on your hands, I started a Magical Girl WebManga (set in Wicklow) called Bata Neart . Again, I love to hear feedback on that.

ohgodno.jpg

Thank you all (and sorry for the zombie thread)!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hey, welcome back!

I read through Bata Neart. Good stuff. Looking forward to some more. I think we all know an Aoife like that :P

Personally I was never really a fan of Back Office, but tbh I'm not a fan of small strips so you can void my opinion :)

Hey, welcome back!

I read through Bata Neart. Good stuff. Looking forward to some more. I think we all know an Aoife like that :P

Personally I was never really a fan of Back Office, but tbh I'm not a fan of small strips so you can void my opinion :)

Thank you for the input CherryGhost!

I never really thought that anyone else knew an Aoife like the one in Bata Neart :D (May Nuggan have mercy on their poor souls). It's great to learn that people can relate to one of my characters like that. Thank you for your kind comments!

Thanks also for also letting me know that you are not into Back Office. That actually helps me out quite a bit. I always had a feeling that my 2 comics appealed to 2 very different reader groups. Your comment has helped me confirm that, and it does help big time when it comes to planning marketing etc...

Again, thank you and I'll do my best to keep Bata Neart fun and interesting!

• Advertisement
Advertisement