Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Arsenal match thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ha ha Wenger didn't see it

By any chance was the challenge in the corner of the same side of the pitch that the dug-outs are on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

L'prof wrote: »
    They got lucky with their goal and didn't really threaten much apart from that!

They?? I thought you were an Arsenal fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

doc_17 wrote: »
    You mean Arsenal got lucky with their goal don't you?

we did and we deserved it over the 90 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

they worked hard but there goal was down to almunia's bad position
    we had 80% of the ball but like last year we can't break down big teams

Thats what i'm saying.....IMO Arsenal didn't do enough to even get a point.

Alumnia is brutal. Wenger should buy a better GK but he didn't, so tough **** TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ah come on, Almunia is poor but not many keepers would save a strike hit that hard and high from that distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

As did Arsenal.
    Arsenal looked toothless. Liverpool done what any team would have in the situation, and done it effectively. Arsenal were extremely lucky today.
    doc_17 wrote: »
    You mean Arsenal got lucky with their goal don't you?

What are you on about??? Seriously!!!

Both teams were shíte, neither "deserved" the 3 points. That's all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ha ha Wenger didn't see it

You want him to do the ref's job as well as his own ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Fair result for me, Neither team done anything for me to think otherwise.

Arsenal showing how not to play against 10 men. Liverpool were defending with 2 banks of 4, Arsenal trying to go through it all the time. Making the pitch smaller and writing off the man advantage. You really need to be going wide, making the 10 men work, creating bigger spaces to run into.

Disappointing game overall, i wouldn't be happy with the showing of my team if i was a fan of either.

Diaby was awful as was Arshavin
    wilshire looked okay

Van persie should have started and walcott too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

greendom wrote: »
    No, i want him to be honest.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    They?? I thought you were an Arsenal fan?

Ha...ha...quite the witty one, aren't you :rolleyes:

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Awful game quailty wise and considering the threat at both ends a draw was about right, even if Reina was very unlucky. A real first game of the season and not a whole lot to be read into it.

As much as I understand Cole's intentions of trying to make a good impression, he mis-timed the tackle badly and the ref had no choice.

Thats what i'm saying.....IMO Arsenal didn't do enough to even get a point.

Alumnia is brutal. Wenger should buy a better GK but he didn't, so tough **** TBH.

well he has two weeks left to do it
    its proven todday he needs one plus another centre back

we did deserve a point liverpool were on the backfoot once they scored

spockety wrote: »
    Arsenal were there for the taking. If Liverpool want to realistically challenge for the league they are going to have to put away teams like that.

Not happy with the draw.

It's disappointing in terms of the goal conceded and how late on it was. But considering the circumstances, it's not too bad.

More positives for Liverpool from today than Arsenal. The Gunners look toothless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

greendom wrote: »

Jaysus, chill pill fella!! I'm not going to put words into anyone's mouth, but I think Al was just having a little joke at the fact that Wenger once again used his stock n trade answer of "I didnt see it", when he doesnt want to comment on something!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

O Rly?

RE: the result. Under the circumstances, happy with a point. Thought Masch and Skrtel were especially excellent for us... as was N'Gog in the 2nd half. Real shame about the goal we conceded.

Awful game quailty wise and considering the threat at both ends a draw was about right, even if Reina was very unlucky. A real first game of the season and not a whole lot to be read into it.

As much as I understand Cole's intentions of trying to make a good impression, he mis-timed the tackle badly and the ref had no choice.

its no disaster but a good point in a tough away game
    we looked good on the ball but we need to break down the bigge teams

Right. So, he says that it was definitely a red and he's accused of being biased. He says he didn't see and you want him to be honest, yet all you really want him to do is agree with your take on things, isn't it?

O Rly?

RE: the result. Under the circumstances, happy with a point. Thought Masch and Skrtel were especially excellent for us... as was N'Gog in the 2nd half. Real shame about the goal we conceded.

yes really

i didn't see liverpool do anythign but defend

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think arsenal deserved 3 either but Liverpool did nothing to justify a lead with 11 men and needed a mistake in front of the 18 yd box and very poor goal-keeping to go into the lead. This was followed by a crap 40 minutes from both teams. Result: score draw.

If Liverpool came away with 3 points i wouldn't have been surprised one bit. Arsenal worked hard but not hard enough against 9 men at one stage, to say you deserved a draw is ridiculous. Ye had more players!

As for the "mistake" you have no-one to blame but Wenger for not signing a GK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

You said liverpool were lucky for their goal - not our fault you gave the ball away and have a crap keeper. Arsenal were lucky with their goal - an own goal, also lucky cole was sent off and lucky wilshire wasn't sent off. so what are you on about:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

theme of the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

He Was being honest, he didn't see it.
    :confused:

It's disappointing in terms of the goal conceded and how late on it was. But considering the circumstances, it's not too bad.

More positives for Liverpool from today than Arsenal. The Gunners look toothless.

we were good but we are better then that
    if this was at home we would have whipped liverpool but Away welook half the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Right. So, he says that it was definitely a red and he's accused of being biased. He says he didn't see and you want him to be honest, yet all you really want him to do is agree with your take on things, isn't it?

But then what would he have to give out about?

Jaysus, chill pill fella!! I'm not going to put words into anyone's mouth, but I think Al was just having a little joke at the fact that Wenger once again used his stock n trade answer of "I didnt see it", when he doesnt want to comment on something!!

I'm perfectly chilled man! Just defending Arsene for protecting his players - doing his job basically. These post-match interview are pretty pointless anyway. Why don't they wait for at least 24 hours so a little bit of perspective can be provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

I was quite shocked to see Joe Cole sent off on his debut.

If Liverpool came away with 3 points i wouldn't have been surprised one bit. Arsenal worked hard but not hard enough against 9 men at one stage, to say you deserved a is ridiculous. Ye had more players!

As for the "mistake" you have no-one to blame but Wenger for not signing a GK.

i have stated that in the above comments and Every arsenal fan has ben saying that for the last two years that we need a goalkeeper so its not something new.

we got a point playing bad we're happy
    Blackpool at home next so its all good

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Ironic what happened Reina after his behaviour with the Barcelona jersey and Fabregas.

Good for him.

we were good but we are better then that
    if this was at home we would have whipped liverpool but Away welook half the team

Against ten men though. Nine at one stage. In fact, the way things panned out should have led to the way Arsenal play at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Both teams were poor, and the ref was worse. Arsenal had no width, no penetration and were shaky at the back, Liverpool had no playmaker and were content to lump the ball up to N'Gog for the whole of the first half. N'Gog was generally crap but took his goal very well.

Overall Arsenal were lucky to come away with a point, but both teams will have to improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Almunia getting a lot of stick for the Liverpool goal - completely unjustified IMO. N'Gog struck it really well, it was high & hard into the roof of the net from close range. Most 'keepers would concede that goal.

It was the pass out of defence that was at fault for the goal, and Liverpool took advantage of it, and punished Arsenals mistake.

Pepe Reina scored for Arsenal, very disappointing. He just doesn't usually make mistakes like that.

Should have been 3 points to Liverpool, simple as. Liverpool weren't great in the first half, but Arsenal were still toothless. I mean, they can have all the ball they want, because they do nothing with it. Liverpool defended well. And when down to 10 men, Liverpool were tenacious, still wanted to score, weren't happy with 1 point, and tried to win it. Created plenty of opportunities, but only managed 1 unfortunately.

Arsenal didn;t deserve anything out of the game IMO, and can count themselves VERY lucky to be going back to London with a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

DB10 wrote: »
    Ironic what happened Reina after his behaviour with the Barcelona jersey and Fabregas.

Good for him.

What happened?

Good for him.

:D

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    He Was being honest, he didn't see it.
    :confused:

Yeah, we know he 'didn't see it'. But if it was a deserved red, you can bet he would have seen it.

What are you on about??? Seriously!!!

Both teams were shíte, neither "deserved" the 3 points. That's all!

What i'm annoyed about really is Arsenal fans in general TBH.
    Ye go one down to 1-0 10 men and its the GK fault.
    Ye have good possession but do little with it and say ye deserved a draw based on your possesion. That is bull****. Goals win you games. Liverpool scored a very good goal and Arsenal get a very lucky goal and ye say Liverpool were lucky to score?

Possession will win arsenal **** all. All the nice passing is worth nothing until you put the ball in the net. Get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

x PyRo wrote: »
    Hopefully that'll shut Reina up for a while.

Whats he been saying?

Against ten men though. Nine at one stage. In fact, the way things panned out should have led to the way Arsenal play at home.

its tougher to play agaisn't 10 men then 11 and especially the way liverpool played with 10 men behind the ball. Plus they have a great home crowd behind them, they played out of their skins.

If it was at home for us i would say it was awful but 1 point isn't bad

Good for him.

Imagine keeping your captain despite him wanting to leave for Barca.

Have a think about that and come back to me.....

• Advertisement

Ye have good possession but do little with it and say ye deserved a draw based on your possesion. That is bull****. Goals win you games. Liverpool scored a very good goal and Arsenal get a very lucky goal and ye say Liverpool were lucky to score?

Possession will win arsenal **** all. All the nice passing is worth nothing until you put the ball in the net. Get over it.

yes we deserved a draw cause we played well enough for it simple as

Yeah, we know he 'didn't see it'. But if it was a deserved red, you can bet he would have seen it.

He was asked the question, he didn't see it, what do you want him to say? Do you ever watch other managers being interviewed??

Imagine keeping your captain despite him wanting to leave for Barca.

Have a think about that and come back to me.....

you don't like Arsenal do you

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

its tougher to play agaisn't 10 men then 11 and especially the way liverpool played with 10 men behind the ball. Plus they have a great home crowd behind them, they played out of their skins.

If it was at home for us i would say it was awful but 1 point isn't bad

Eh no its not and I wouldn't say they played out of their skins at all. Lack of penetration cost ye as usual.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    What happened?

When Spain won the World Cup and they got back home, they were all p!ssed and Reina was doing mc on stage. Puyol pulled a Barca jersey over Fabregas's head and Arsenal's fans didn't like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

its tougher to play agaisn't 10 men then 11

you are incorrect

I could care less what you think to be honest.

In my honest opinion, neither team deserved all 3 points. Arsenal were missing an awful lot today, either through World Cup fatigue or injury, yet still looked dangerous enough at times. Liverpool looked dangerous once really and scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The only thing to be taken from today's game is that both Liverpool and Arsenal haven't hit the ground running like Chelsea & Blackpool!! :D

Both teams were poor, and the ref was worse. Arsenal had no width, no penetration and were shaky at the back, Liverpool had no playmaker and were content to lump the ball up to N'Gog for the whole of the first half. N'Gog was generally crap but took his goal very well.

Overall Arsenal were lucky to come away with a point, but both teams will have to improve.

Arsenal look better then anyone apart from utd and Chelsea
    we played ok not great plus we had Van persie on the bench, Fabergas not playing, song on the bench and Bertender missing. We will play better and once he buys in another GK and CB we be fine

When Spain won the World Cup and they got back home, they were all p!ssed and Reina was doing mc on stage. Puyol pulled a Barca jersey over Fabregas's head and Arsenal's fans didn't like it.

You left the bit about Reina out, I see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement